Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DIE STINKY BUGS, DIE!!!

1700519751220.png

If you Google "stink bug" you'll find dozens of articles. The bug attacks some 300 crops, including citrus fruit trees.

Fumigation of cargo vessels uses these chemicals (ref The Ultimate Stink Bug Season Guide [2022/23 Update] | International Cargo Express):
  • Sulfuryl Fluoride Fumigation
  • Methyl Bromide Fumigation
  • Heat treatment
This article from the Aust Gov almost has some important information https://www.agriculture.gov.au/biosecurity-trade/import/before/brown-marmorated-stink-bugs NZ Gov also has the same / similar treatment process https://www.mpi.govt.nz/dmsdocument/30212/direct

Once the bug is in our country and impacting our crops, this article covers multiple methods you can use at home / in your garden, including natural and pesticide/insecticide treatment. 5 Ways to Kill a Stink Bug - wikiHow

When we get our Tesla's, I suspect there is no guarantee that a stink bug might have survived in your car somewhere (most likely the undercarriage). Given these bugs can fly, I guess I'll have to be vidulant and check my garage/house/garden for the pest and use the natural soapy-water method of killing them.
Looks like a thorough wash as soon as it comes home.... that's when it comes home...🥹

Reactions: MrMister
Hi, that guy works as traffic control for the FICT Department, he doesn’t know what’s going on as communication with the GC is very poor. Keep in mind I get the AAT Documents early before public release. As of right now, I won’t be saying anything until it has been confirmed from QShips and the GC.
It'll take just over 30 hours to get to PK, so if it doesn't leave Qld waters soon, arrival date for Thursday at 8am was another holder.

It'll take just over 30 hours to get to PK, so if it doesn't leave Qld waters soon, arrival date for Thursday at 8am was another holder.
You can go right ahead and ignore anything you see in the PK schedule for now. The only authoritative record of planned/approved ship movements at this point is QSHIPS: Public Pages. If it ain't listed there, it ain't going nowhere. Everything else is an estimate/placeholder/wishful thinking.

I'll be suprised if we see hear any positive news before December, might be a miracle.

Just another placeholder has been set at the Portauthourity Portkembla website, its 28Nov still at 8am. From what I reckon, the real date will the next one pushed.

Last edited: