Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Tesla Wall Charger installed in my garage this morning. 3 Phase hook-up. Sparky did an excellent job (he even silicon sealed a cracked ridge cap tile on my roof he noticed while he was up there!). If you need contact details let me know and I'll pass them along - he covers most of Melbourne and has a Tesla himself so understands all the ins-and-outs..

Just another quick update. I spoke with my NL company and they were super helpful (side note NLA have been amazing so far).
I have been informed that due to the circumstances, the NL can be adjusted to any car as long as it is the same make and model but I can change spec if required. Financing company is aware and has also agreed. They have told me that another GC enjoyer managed to swap a few days ago and is due to pickup their car tomorrow. So miracles can happen. I'll keep an eye on the inventory and try to snipe a blue one, but for now the wait continues.
haha maybe they dumped your stink-bug-infested car into the ocean.
Good, may it rust in peace. Now get the rest off and into the hands of you wonderful people already!

Got my Tesla Wall Charger installed in my garage this morning. 3 Phase hook-up. Sparky did an excellent job (he even silicon sealed a cracked ridge cap tile on my roof he noticed while he was up there!). If you need contact details let me know and I'll pass them along - he covers most of Melbourne and has a Tesla himself so understands all the ins-and-outs..
How much did it run you?

Contact details would be great thanks. I haven't committed to purchasing the charger yet as I'm still not convinced that my stinky MY will ever get to Melbourne but I should start preparing...

Just called Tesla to see if I could get my MYP reassigned to local inventory (which is available on site in VIC).

They said all local inventory is actually on the Glovis Caravel so no use in reassigning. He also noted there's 2,500 cars on the Glovis that have been delayed.

Reactions: dronus
Just called Tesla to see if I could get my MYP reassigned to local inventory (which is available on site in VIC).

They said all local inventory is actually on the Glovis Caravel so no use in reassigning. He also noted there's 2,500 cars on the Glovis that have been delayed.
Man, this must be costing all parties involved a hell of a lot of money. Tesla less so, but still I expect there are people cancelling now or not buying due to this disaster.

Only options available were red with induction wheels or silver/white seats which someone mentioned above is a weird combo.

Regardless it kicks it over the $68.7k threshold
That Silver/white was offered to me this morning and I declined. I was also offered the red/20" but also declined. That's a lot of extra money for things I didn't particularly want. And yes, I just realized you lose the rebate too.

Only options available were red with induction wheels or silver/white seats which someone mentioned above is a weird combo.

Regardless it kicks it over the $68.7k threshold
Midnight silver with white seats ain’t a bad combo - i went for it! A friend of mine has the same and it looks fantastic.

Maybe beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that’s why I got reassigned pretty quickly 🤣

Photo from Google below:

IMG_8606.jpeg

Midnight silver with white seats ain’t a bad combo - i went for it! A friend of mine has the same and it looks fantastic.

Maybe beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that’s why I got reassigned pretty quickly 🤣

Photo from Google below:

View attachment 992837
Yeah, it definitely looks good. I went for midnight silver since I'm not big on washing my car a lot. The white interior just doesn't fit with that. Plus I'd miss out on a $3000 rebate.

I actually don't mind it, but I just really enjoy blue cars. Each to their own and we ain't going to devolve into which colour is best here.
White or black interior doesn't bother me either way. I just went with the cheaper option but if a blue with white comes up I would definitely jump ship.