Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20231122_101534_Messages~2.jpg

I'm gonna give this a go. This delay means my insurance will not go ahead and my NL will have to be redone.
At this point, I may as well start from scratch...

I have just gotten off the phone with a Tesla rep. To summarize:
- Glovis has the largest stock by far and is causing significant issues for them as it was meant to bolster the inventory for this year and next. There are "a lot" of cars on the ship with many unassigned.
- There is no car available in my chosen spec, but I have been offered a silver car with white interior. My order is blue with black. My wife does not want that, so I'm stuck. Happy wife happy life.
- If anyone reassigns they are going to honor the $750 referral code and not charge another $400 order fee due to the circumstances.
- They will send a new email within the next 24 hours updating us all, but I expect it is the email posted earlier saying the EDD is extended again.
- The rep expects the ship to unload at Brisbane by the end of the year but it's only speculation.

Having owned a Tesla for going on 9 years I have seen the complete gamut of Tesla service levels.
In the early days it was terrific, but that's likely because there were so few cars on the road and not much going wrong.
As time went by it became harder to get an appointment, but when they introduced the book a service through the app it improved. I have never waited more than 2 weeks for a service appointment and about 18 months ago had a traction motor failure and the Tesla emergency line got me into Chatswood the next day, so they can move fast when it's needed. That repair was covered under warranty and they was no quibbling, it was fixed in a couple of days, and they even loaned me a Model 3.
I'm currently trying to get just a regular oil service for a 2-year-old BMW and BMW Sydney has a nearly 8 week wait.
The battery heater went a few months ago and to replace that and some other components inside the battery was about $2,500 and they did it in the day.
I've never felt ripped off by Tesla, unlike my previous Mercedes, but they're not perfect, and are quite inflexible in some areas, like me wanting to just update the 3G modem in my central MCU to LTE but they are insisting on a replacement MCU at $2,500. So, I'll wait until 3G coverage becomes untenable before I do that.
The service advisor at Alexandria is stand out good IMHO so like anything may depend on who you deal with.
Great feedback.. much appreciated!!

I have just gotten off the phone with a Tesla rep. To summarize:
- Glovis has the largest stock by far and is causing significant issues for them as it was meant to bolster the inventory for this year and next. There are "a lot" of cars on the ship with many unassigned.
- There is no car available in my chosen spec, but I have been offered a silver car with white interior. My order is blue with black. My wife does not want that, so I'm stuck. Happy wife happy life.
- If anyone reassigns they are going to honor the $750 referral code and not charge another $400 order fee due to the circumstances.
- They will send a new email within the next 24 hours updating us all, but I expect it is the email posted earlier saying the EDD is extended again.
- The rep expects the ship to unload at Brisbane by the end of the year but it's only speculation.
They should really compensate us, recieving a 2023 car in 2024, if this is the case ill reorder a 2024 model.

That's generally the case for any car bought in the first few months of a year. You'll generally get a car that was manufactured late in the previous year.

It's not as though there's been a new Model Y release that these delays will cause people to miss.
That is absolutely correct, but I'm expecting some compensation, a UMC or 5,000 free Kms of supercharging would be nice.

Just received this from Tesla.

As previously communicated, Australian biosecurity measures have severely delayed the berthing of Glovis Caravel. At this time, we are awaiting further instructions from DAFF before we can complete the berthing and final discharge in Port of Brisbane. We want to assure you that we are working closely with our partners to minimise any further delays, your estimated delivery window will be updated in the next 24 hours. We understand that this news is disappointing to receive and appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

Once the vessel berthing in Port of Brisbane is completed, the Glovis Caravel will continue to Port Kembla in New South Wales and then to the final destination, Port of Melbourne in Victoria.

Reactions: stibbs
I got this email from Tesla 15 minutes ago.

As previously communicated, Australian biosecurity measures have severely delayed the berthing of Glovis Caravel. At this time, we are awaiting further instructions from DAFF before we can complete the berthing and final discharge in Port of Brisbane. We want to assure you that we are working closely with our partners to minimise any further delays, your estimated delivery window will be updated in the next 24 hours. We understand that this news is disappointing to receive and appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

Once the vessel berthing in Port of Brisbane is completed, the Glovis Caravel will continue to Port Kembla in New South Wales and then to the final destination, Port of Melbourne in Victoria.

Your Tesla Account will continue to display your latest delivery estimate which may be updated again over the coming weeks as we receive more information. Once a firm delivery date is available, you will receive an SMS or email to schedule your Express Delivery appointment.

Again, we want to apologise for any inconvenience these delays have caused and we look forward to getting you behind the wheel of your new Model Y.
EDIT: Paul beat me to it!!

Reactions: Paul Walker