Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the concern about maintenance but imo the model y looks the best in black.

Will be my first black car but the colour definitely makes the model y look less bulbous. I’m surprised that no one likes the midnight silver because that was my second choice.

White for me does not do the model y any favours and in terms red\ blue, those are colours I’d get tired of very quickly.

I would kill for the midnight cherry colour they have in Europe. That colour makes me drool.
Black all the way.....with ceramic coating....!!!!

Reactions: Way69
Damn I looked at the Cherry colour and if that was offered here I'd 100% get that.
I'm a big fan of blue cars recently. My last car was a fantastic metallic blue, a bit lighter than Tesla's, with grey leather interior. I loved it.
I'm not the biggest fan of Tesla's blue but I just don't like the grey too much, white feels far too common and plain for my tastes (I've never had a white car) and I won't get black ever again after my first black car.
I went with Blue/Black on this order but have let Tesla know that if a Blue/white comes up I'm happy to swap.
Have you seen the pics of the new model 3 blue? It looks amazing!

Have you seen the pics of the new model 3 blue? It looks amazing!
I'm considering doing a matte PPF... expensive but it looks amazing to me and gives full protection.
1700868044642.png

I'm considering doing a matte PPF... expensive but it looks amazing to me and gives full protection.
View attachment 993594
I have a 3 year lease, so the economics of the wrap just don’t work for me but it looks cool.

My last car had ppf, ceramic coating and ceramic tint. Made zero difference to trade in.

Now I’ll only do ceramic coating and ceramic tint.

Reactions: MrMister
It would also look good on a silver car with white interior if one pops up
☠️

I have a 3 year lease, so the economics of the wrap just don’t work for me but it looks cool.

My last car had ppf, ceramic coating and ceramic tint. Made zero difference to trade in.

Now I’ll only do ceramic coating and ceramic tint.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm leaning much more towards the ceramic coat and tint same as you. My NL has packages a decent deal for me to take or not.

Just phoned Tesla Melbourne (Richmond) to do the same. Spoke with Rex (very easy going guy - he said he's been dealing with the GC issue all day!). He said they have 3 Midnight Silver's potentially available, one of which has my preferred white seats and 20" induction wheels at Port Melbourne (must have come in via Morning Celo??). They will confirm on Monday if I can have it. Meanwhile I've emailed my NL company to see if they are ok with a colour and VIN swap. I forgot to ask Tesla if they'll be a price difference (because of the colour change). I'll probably hear from both NL and Tesla on Monday.

Heard back from Tesla today (Sat) - that was quick as they said Monday. They've confirmed the swap to Midnight Silver, however the invoice reflects an additional $1500 to cover the non-white paint cost (bummer). I phoned and they said I have to pay for the paint because it was my decision to switch to another car. Fair enough. I've a new VIN too.

Question: What colour number plates are Melbourne Tesla people receiving? I looked at the VICRoads website and it seems Blue-on-White is the current default. I'd prefer Black-on-White or White-on-Black. I guess I have to get custom plates after delivery?

Reactions: cacsmc
Heard back from Tesla today (Sat) - that was quick as they said Monday. They've confirmed the swap to Midnight Silver, however the invoice reflects an additional $1500 to cover the non-white paint cost (bummer). I phoned and they said I have to pay for the paint because it was my decision to switch to another car. Fair enough. I've a new VIN too.

Question: What colour number plates are Melbourne Tesla people receiving? I looked at the VICRoads website and it seems Blue-on-White is the current default. I'd prefer Black-on-White or White-on-Black. I guess I have to get custom plates after delivery?
I got my final invoice today.

I also have the same question about the license plate. My invoice says ‘standard’, I want the black slim ones.