Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has someone noticed on Tesla app the information
IMG_1362.jpeg
link on the top left that showed VIN has disappeared?

Spoke to Tesla today.
They said they have not received any further updates since the email that went out last Wednesday.

They even went as far as to assure me that delivery will still be made within my window of DEC 8 - DEC 29.
I'm not sure how that is going to be possible.
yeah, seems suspect considering i'm in sydney so before you in the shipping lane and my EDD is Dec 11th to Jan 1

Reactions: Goneincognito
Let’s say that GC unloads the cars eventually, I assume the cars then will be prioritized for delivery over cars that came on other ships but may still be on the dock ?
Mine was on Don Juan, i’ve scheduled delivery for next week Tuesday. There were a lot of available slots when I was choosing a date and time, so hopefully they will have space to squeeze you guys.

Why would Tesla in Sydney talk direct to DAFF in Brisbane? The relationship is between the DAFF and the shipping company. I am sure that Tesla is speaking with its shipping company and would not welcome its employees in NSW ringing DAFF in Brisbane while is shipping company is managing this incident. In the company I work for that would get you sacked. If Tesla has anything it will come from its shipping company and they will tell us when they are ready I guess.
Like all of us here, my patience ran out today...but the most frustrating thing is that you're just talking to a brick wall.
I got a call in response to an email sent to them today saying that if someone cancels their order with the same specs, they'll prioritise my delivery. (They've already said this back in August). They can not promise any delivery details at this stage and when GC will be given all clear in fear that customers will be mislead putting more pressure on this situation. If you want there are silver grey with induction wheels that has just come off the lastest shipment but frankly speaking, management will not price match. So, why the.....are we having this conversation, for me to go from worst to worst. Sorry, I had to vent all 4 months of waiting. There were many more things said and discussed but I feel this is enough.
Final thoughts.... they're happy for you to cancel because there are people lined up to take your order. Also, was told that next shipment will not be leaving China for sometime...

Like all of us here, my patience ran out today...but the most frustrating thing is that you're just talking to a brick wall.
I got a call in response to an email sent to them today saying that if someone cancels their order with the same specs, they'll prioritise my delivery. (They've already said this back in August). They can not promise any delivery details at this stage and when GC will be given all clear in fear that customers will be mislead putting more pressure on this situation. If you want there are silver grey with induction wheels that has just come off the lastest shipment but frankly speaking, management will not price match. So, why the.....are we having this conversation, for me to go from worst to worst. Sorry, I had to vent all 4 months of waiting. There were many more things said and discussed but I feel this is enough.
Final thoughts.... they're happy for you to cancel because there are people lined up to take your order. Also, was told that next shipment will not be leaving China for sometime...
There will likely be refreshed model 3 in country before then, but yeah if you need the Y you are getting a pretty raw deal...

Cancelling or continuing to *twitch* be patient and *twitch* wait?

1701077694282.png

Reactions: dronus