Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But we had eye witness of a one particularly strong man lifting the Model Ys out of the ship. Surely it's real? Why would anyone lie on the internet?
do you mean to suggest that the cat memes on icanhazcheeseburger are not real and unstaged? Photo included to keep on topic
IMG_7414.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Winnieblue
But we had eye witness of a one particularly strong man lifting the Model Ys out of the ship. Surely it's real? Why would anyone lie on the internet?
I’m reading right now on the internet that the real reason GC has been “delayed” so much is that they accidentally built the new model Y with all of the extra cool things and sent it over.
When they realised the mistake, they deployed the “stink bug conspiracy theory” which propagated faster than a virus which may or may not have been present on a pizza box lid by a person who may or may not have been there at all.

It all pretty believable, you just read it too so it must be true! Haha

• Funny
Reactions: MrMister
In all seriousness, will there be any damage to the cars batteries as I assume they won't be charging the cars on the ship, or do they? Any idea? The build date of my car seems to be 25th Sep. One of my mate has cancelled the order fearing the batteries are damaged. Tesla reps aren't any helpful.

In all seriousness, will there be any damage to the cars batteries as I assume they won't be charging the cars on the ship, or do they? Any idea? The build date of my car seems to be 25th Sep. One of my mate has cancelled the order fearing the batteries are damaged. Tesla reps aren't any helpful.
I am more concerned about corrosion (seasalt etc) for longer periods of time tbh... I don't know much about these ships to safely say that they take care of their cargo...

Reactions: MrMister
There are two types of batteries in Tesla. One is 16 volt Li-Ion auxiliary battery and the other main battery pack (around 400v). These batteries have built-in protection and intelligence. The batteries will go in hibernation mode and will not drop below safe charge state. I don’t believe there will be any problems with them. Having said that, I am not battery expert at all. Someone may correct me if I am wrong :)

I am not sure what negative effect will fumigation have on clear coat.

Last edited: