Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glovis has already been overtaken by two other ships which have completed their offload and the cars delivered to customers. We were meant to get these cars at least a month ago.
I am completely unsure what will happen next, but I assume production will continue and the next shipment will come in February. Whether the Stinkship will still be floating off Brissy or not is anyone's guess. Hell, I'm starting to think that it's going to be turned around soon.

Man I am a bit jealous of the users that joined recently saying "I ordered my MY two weeks ago and I haven't received my VIN yet". They haven't experienced the whole GC rollercoaster journey we have been on since the beginning of November :)

Do you recall when we got an email saying "your car is on the GC..."? I even paid each day to track the satellite position of the ship as I was sooo excited and was certain the ship would unload in Brisbane in early November and we would get the MY around mid November in Sydney... good old days.

The ship came into Brisbane and people were like YEESSS IT IS HERE! and then it just went out to sea and hang around there. We were all puzzled.. the ship finally came back in again and were YESSS IT MUST BE HAPPENIING NOW!! then it pulled up to the wrong place in the harbour where it seemed odd to offload cars..puzzled again. Back out to the ocean and we went CRAP NOT AGAIN! Then third time back in again and people were like NO WAY..YEAH?..NO?.. OH NOOO!! as the ship went to just 100m from the spot to offload cars and back to the ocean again...

And now we are here waiting for the new year to arrive. Hopefully GC will arrive then :)

Last edited:
Amidst the vast expanse of sea's embrace,
A Tesla Model Y, trapped in this place,
Upon a ship, in quarantine it's caught,
Stink bugs, the cause, a lingering fraught.

Two months adrift, waves dancing high,
Oh, when shall freedom meet the sky?
Its sleek design yearns for the open road,
Yet here, in confinement, its fate bestowed.

Dreams of highways, electric hums,
Curbed by bugs, confined in sums.
Hope flickers like a distant star,
When shall this vessel reach the shore afar?

Patience, dear owner, amidst the waves' spree,
Your Tesla awaits, on the open sea.
Soon, the bugs will bid their final adieu,
And your Model Y will reunite with you.

Man I am a bit jealous of the users that joined recently saying "I ordered my MY two weeks ago and I haven't received my VIN yet". They haven't experienced the whole GC rollercoaster journey we have been on since the beginning of November :)

Do you recall when we got an email saying "your car is on the GC..."? I even paid each day to track the satellite position of the ship as I was sooo excited and was certain the ship would unload in Brisbane in early November and we would get the MY around mid November in Sydney... good old days.

The ship came into Brisbane and people were like YEESSS IT IS HERE! and then it just went out to sea and hang around there. We were all puzzled.. the ship finally came back in again and were YESSS IT MUST BE HAPPENIING NOW!! then it pulled up to the wrong place in the harbour where it seemed odd to offload cars..puzzled again. Back out to the ocean and we went CRAP NOT AGAIN! Then third time back in again and people were like NO WAY..YEAH?..NO?.. OH NOOO!! as the ship went to just 100m from the spot to offload cars and back to the ocean again...

And now we are here waiting for the new year to arrive. Hopefully GC will arrive then :)
Ah a trip down memory lane 🥲

All i want to know is how do you recall cars that haven’t been delivered yet !? The recall covers nearly all of the vehicles Tesla sold in the US since it activated the Autopilot function in late 2015.

Looks like the "Recall" is just an update. The names "Auto Pilot" and "Full self driving" is misleading by nature. Most people are smart enough to heed / know it's not true auto pilot or self driving, but its a case of a low probability event that has severe consequences. Would you be happy if someone using "FSD" while snoozing run into your family in your car killing everyone on board? It's a pretty ethically questionable move when a company names their products like this and then try to get out of any responsibility by putting up disclaimers (driver must be attentive and in control) on their website/manuals, contradicting the very definition of the names given to these features.

It's analogous to the old days of "Unlimited downloads" on an internet plan, only to find you are "throttled" to dialup bandwidths after going over the limit. The regulators stepped in and stopped it, surprised its taken them this long to do the same for "auto pilot" and "FSD".

Reactions: newshound
Hi all, I'm a bit disappointed about the delay also. Timing wasn't critical for me, but with the latest delay I'm missing the useful delivery window for me personally. So now whether its Late jan, feb or march doesnt really matter in my circumstance. But the little things are adding up which makes me think it'd be worth taking the hit on reduced referal discount (was $750, now $375) and possible longer delivery timing. The little things I mean are things like concerns about the cars sitting in the warm salty sea air for so long (I know cars are shipped all the time), model year being 23, risk of the ship getting turned around or being even later than the next batch etc.

Anyway hope everyone has a great holiday period!

As in it specifically says “Victoria instead of Brisbane”?

Or as in it just says Victoria (because I assume you’re in Victoria)?
So they're not going to skip Brisbane which means we are basically back to square one.
As someone said earlier, until we see a REM job in qships (movements page) to take it to Fisherman Islands, we have nothing.
I'm just thinking this through so:
1) Given that DAFF seem to need 14 days to "clear" the ship of bugs, it will be, at least, the 18th before any movement happens (last check was the 4th).
2) Since qships has nothing scheduled this month for GC (yet), it's not even likely to be inspected on the 18th.

Have I missed something?

So they're not going to skip Brisbane which means we are basically back to square one.
As someone said earlier, until we see a REM job in qships (movements page) to take it to Fisherman Islands, we have nothing.
I'm just thinking this through so:
1) Given that DAFF seem to need 14 days to "clear" the ship of bugs, it will be, at least, the 18th before any movement happens (last check was the 4th).
2) Since qships has nothing scheduled this month for GC (yet), it's not even likely to be inspected on the 18th.

Have I missed something?
Just two points:
1) DAFF seem to need 14 day's to 'clear' the ship - I assume this is based on the fact that she ship seems to be docking roughly every two weeks? Not sure if this is set in stone, or just based on DAFF's workflow for that time.
2) In the past the QSHIP Planned Movements have come up 2-3 days prior the movement - which I assume is based on when DAFF has approved the movement..

So if we're hoping for an 18th movement based on the above assumptions, then it's still possible to see something in QSHIPS over the next couple of days...

Also, don't forget that we know nothing. The whole assumption around stink-bugs is just that - no confirmation from any reliable source that it's actually stink bugs.

Yes sir. I might just go and buy a pre loved car or another EV. But yeah, that 400$ is gone. Anyone want a referral code let me know.
This is a great business strategy. They will then charge some other customer $400 so they can assign your VIN to them. I'm beginning to think Tesla make more money from people cancelling than they do from supplying cars.