Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like you mean the two we already got since start of November - or is there a third one? Let me guess, it has no actual info in it
Yeah, but there’s a slight difference. They say they are waiting DAFF instructions before they can dock to Port of Victoria instead of Brisbane. I know it’s a small detail and unlikely to mean anything, but I’m clinging to every bit of hope at the moment.

Reactions: Big_brick and Annob
Another email came through. Unfortunately no good news.

Screenshot_20231213_124911_Gmail.jpg

Yeah, but there’s a slight difference. They say they are waiting DAFF instructions before they can dock to Port of Victoria instead of Brisbane. I know it’s a small detail and unlikely to mean anything, but I’m clinging to every bit of hope at the moment.
haha I just got the email, mine says 'New South Wales'. .. I think they are just <insert customer's local port>

Ours are so similar. I'm also in Canberra and waiting.
We ordered ours in Canberra on 14 Oct. VIN available on the app a few weeks later but still waiting. App says 20 Dec to 10Jan but another email today stating further delay due to biosecurity issue. Not clear why since it appears the Glovis Caravel is on the open sea and has docked three times in Bris since my first notification six weeks ago.
Canberra salesteam said delivery would take 4-6 weeks. We are heading for 3 months now and i paid the full amount weeks ago.
Not ideal

To help pass the time while the bugs issue is sorted I’m thinking I might indulge in some online shopping from AliExpress while I wait for delivery.

I was planning to get the items like floor and boot mats from the local resellers, but with the delay, i figure it might be worth ordering them from overseas.

Has anyone got any recommended sellers for accessories?

Certainly, waiting for your new Tesla can be both exciting and challenging. While I don't have specific sellers on AliExpress to recommend, I can share some general advice.

When purchasing accessories, especially from overseas, it's crucial to consider the quality and compatibility with your Model Y. Look for sellers with positive reviews, particularly from Tesla owners. Check if they provide clear specifications and compatibility details.

For floor and boot mats, I'd recommend exploring TESERY, a brand known for quality Tesla accessories. They offer custom-fit, all-weather mats designed specifically for Tesla models, including the Model Y. Before making a decision, check customer reviews and ratings to ensure the product meets your expectations.

Remember, it's not just about the price but the overall value and how well the accessory serves its purpose. Happy shopping and enjoy your soon-to-arrive Model Y!