Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to Tesla about trying to get to the back of the queue and a car from a later batch, however they said it doesn't work that way, if I cancelled my order and reordered the same there'd be a chance I'd just get allocated the same car or one on the same boat. They were willing to refund the deposit though which is nice. In anycase for now I've decided to keep the reservation and see where we're at before the end of the year since the NSW rebates end then.

Spoke to Tesla about trying to get to the back of the queue and a car from a later batch, however they said it doesn't work that way, if I cancelled my order and reordered the same there'd be a chance I'd just get allocated the same car or one on the same boat. They were willing to refund the deposit though which is nice. In anycase for now I've decided to keep the reservation and see where we're at before the end of the year since the NSW rebates end then.
As long as you have the final invoice before EOY, you get the rebate.

I know it's frustrating but I can assure you respectfully, that almost all of what you wrote is incorrect. Vessels don't berth based on DAFF's work flow, atleast not the way you think.
Information in Qships is updated when information is available. Vessels that arrive from Port Kembla take 1.5 days to get to Brisbane so the dates in Qship is pretty much based on a firm ETD from the previous port. Vessels that arrive direct to Brisbane are subject to DAFF approval (referred to as a BSD) but this doesn't really have anything to do with when information is entered into qship. Agents can put eta info into qship weeks out but they'll just end up changing the dates anyway so better to leave it till a few days out and make fewer changes.

Well hang on a minute I hear you say, "why does the AAT schedule show vessels weeks and weeks in advance??" Great question, AAT get schedule updates direct from the shipping lines that forecast what they are planning months in advance.

You can hope for the 18th but as we know, hope can be a fickle mistress.

Pretty much the one thing you can be sure of in this situation is that it's a stink bug issue.
Really curious how many stinkbugs there are in the ship - 10, 1000, 10000? I mean we are talking about a ship taking only around ~5 days from China and it's full of CARS.. what can these things feed on from a car? I've never seen a big group of stinkbugs around where I live; Only once in a while I spot a lonely one crawling around.

Reactions: MrPinkyMalinky
Really curious how many stinkbugs there are in the ship - 10, 1000, 10000? I mean we are talking about a ship taking only around ~5 days from China and it's full of CARS.. what can these things feed on from a car? I've never seen a big group of stinkbugs around where I live; Only once in a while I spot a lonely one crawling around.
I'm convinced they are being kept as pets, if it's still a stink bug issue we are dealing with.

So if I ordered this week and will probably not have the final invoice by the End of the Year, I will not be able to claim the NSW EV rebate?

Are you in NSW? This is from the NSW gov website. It just says 'purchased or placed a deposit' - which I assume does mean that you had an invoice so you could pay for it. I don't think the $400 order fee counts as a 'deposit'. may be worth asking Tesla whether they can assure you an invoice by year-end.

1702603915045.png

Not sure if there's more info on the website

Are you in NSW? This is from the NSW gov website. It just says 'purchased or placed a deposit' - which I assume does mean that you had an invoice so you could pay for it. I don't think the $400 order fee counts as a 'deposit'. may be worth asking Tesla whether they can assure you an invoice by year-end.

View attachment 999525

I believe the $400 is the deposit and you should be qualified to get the rebate and stamp duty exemption as long as you're within the threshold. Double check with Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: thecasualplaya

View attachment 999525

Damn if the $400 order fee is not classified as deposit then lots of people will get affected by this unknowingly.
Im calling Tesla and Revenue NSW to be sure...

Just called Revenue NSW and they confirmed that $400 order fee is classified as a deposit, just need to provide receipt that you've made this transaction. They said that they will update the website today with more details

They did flag though that Stamp Duty Excemption will not be applied automatically - will need to apply for refund post Jan 1

Just called Revenue NSW and they confirmed that $400 order fee is classified as a deposit, just need to provide receipt that you've made this transaction. They said that they will update the website today with more details

They did flag though that Stamp Duty Excemption will not be applied automatically - will need to apply for refund post Jan 1
Thanks for checking! In the Tesla T&C's they explicitly say that the 'the order fee is not a deposit for the vehicle' (see link below) - but I guess for the purposes of the rebate, it counts as one..

Good work clarifying.

was

Is piracy still a crime in australia? Like if someone was to "liberate " the GC? Asking for a friend before the book flights to Brissie.
Hmm then we would need to deal with insurance - from the Tesla T&C's: "The carrier will insure your Vehicle while in transit and you will be the beneficiary of any claims for damage to the vehicle or losses occurring while the vehicle is in the possession of a common carrier."

So if such an 'act of liberation' were to occur, does this mean Tesla wipes their hands clean of any responsibility to us and we would need to get paid out by Glovis' insurance company? Sounds like a lot of work.

But at the same time Tesla says that we can cancel anytime before delivery... all very confusing (for me, anyway).
https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/order/download-order-agreement?redirect=no&country=AU&model_code=m3