Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Billy, Well they could publish the reports sent to them by their shipping agents - they would contain how many live bugs/ dead bugs / eggs found at last official inspection, the actions they have been directed to taken, the time before the next inspection can be requested, when it is scheduled the date of the next inspection and the results of the inspections carried out at sea by the crew between official inspections. Rather than a vague statement about Bio-hazard Issue. Its called transparency, it would allow us to make an informed decision.
I agree. There is hardly any meaningful information to help us planning. My current vehicle is not roadworthy and has been considering to hire car! I have been sending message to Australian Biosecurity Force and Tesla to get more information. At least, I deserve to know what happen there as an Australian who may get impacted by this and as vehicle’s end user. This is getting ridiculous. The handling has been poor mostly on Tesla’s side.

Reactions: inexus
This delay is just silly... and of course no news from Tesla. Probably will get something in a few days with 'continued bio hazard' and 'we will update you as soon as we know more'.... i.e. nothing concrete about what has been going on over the last 6+ weeks.

I wonder what the people onboard is doing to get of the bugs or they just do nothing... would have imagined that the ship company would have an interest in reducing the period of the ship just being idle outside of Brisbane. How much can it cost to bring onboard some people to clean it out best possible.

This new EDD is getting closer and closer to any refresh of MY. Also it's a 23 MY we are getting 3 months into 24... not happy :(

Last edited:
This delay is just silly... and of course no news from Tesla. Probably will get something in a few days with 'continued bio hazard' and 'we will update you as soon as we know more'.... i.e. nothing concrete about what has been going on over the last 6+ weeks.

I wonder what the people onboard is doing to get of the bugs or they just do nothing... would have imagined that the ship company would have an interest in reducing the period of the ship just being idle outside of Brisbane. How much can it cost to bring onboard some people to clean it out best possible.
Haha…that’s the imagination I’ve been having. What’s the point of wondering there for 2 months if they’re not doing their best to clean it. There was plenty of time to clean it. Not only that…this ship was previously rejected in NZ in 2018 because of stink bug! You can lookup! Why hasn’t Tesla or the shipping company learned the lesson?

Yep, as has been pointed out multiple times, the department themselves don't know when it can dock, all they are doing is getting it fumigated then checking two weeks later. THEN once it's cleared they tell the company who run the ship and only then can they tell Tesla. So Tesla are obviously as much in the dark as everyone else, getting angry at them serves zero purpose.
This stupid ship was previously rejected by NZ in 2018 due to stink bugs! Tesla should have reviewed their subcontractor choice and learned from the lesson.

May mean nothing but it may mean something. The listing for then GC job type is REM. “REM = Removal movement, this is where a ship moves from one location within the port to another, for example may move from one berth to another for loading of different goods” I’m not sure if I’ve seen that type before.

I just got an email from Tesla about NSW Stamp Duty
"The NSW Government recently announced that the current stamp duty exemption for eligible EV purchases will end on 1 January 2024. Individuals and businesses that have purchased or placed a deposit on an eligible EV prior to 1 January 2024, and are awaiting delivery of the vehicle, may still be eligible to receive the stamp duty exemption if the vehicle is registered on or before 30 June 2024 ....Please note, there may be some implications around re-signing documents and we kindly ask that you speak with your novated lease provider to make any necessary arrangements."

I've forwarded the email to my lease company. Not sure what the implications are - the car has been fully paid in October, I assume that they will respond in the New Year.

The thing that amazes me is that they are still assigning cars to buyers that are on the GC without disclosing the issues to the buyer. Isn't getting close to 'misleading by not disclosing relevant facts' under Australian Consumer Law??

Anyhow way things are going will the cars be delivered by 30 June 2024? I certainly would not bet on it.

Ignore me I'm venting - talk about a poison chalice

Reactions: inexus