Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sent Tesla a text asking what will happen as glovis is shanghai bound.

Their response:
"... we are coordinating with our logistics team and we will get in contact once we have had confirmation on how to proceed..."
Seeing as people on this thread are constantly tracking the ship, it should be no surprise that we knew about it here earlier than anyone you would communicate with at Tesla

Reactions: thecasualplaya
Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 4.04.36 pm.png

Why would anyone now want to buy dated 2023 MY !? Tesla will have to dump these for less or write them off.
Unless they start selling the soft refresh that China has, it really won't make any difference unless perhaps you are getting rid of it in a couple of years.
I plan to keep ours for at least 5-6 years, perhaps more (we have had our current 2 cars since 2008 and 2010 so we don't turn them over often) and run it into the ground so for me, getting a 2023 car in 2024 isn't a big deal.
If the soft refresh shows up here before this whole thing is resolved, I will cancel the order and wait till I can get one of those unless they make it worth taking.

Unless they start selling the soft refresh that China has, it really won't make any difference unless perhaps you are getting rid of it in a couple of years.
I plan to keep ours for at least 5-6 years, perhaps more (we have had our current 2 cars since 2008 and 2010 so we don't turn them over often) and run it into the ground so for me, getting a 2023 car in 2024 isn't a big deal.
If the soft refresh shows up here before this whole thing is resolved, I will cancel the order and wait till I can get one of those unless they make it worth taking.
I don’t believe Tesla will bring soft refresh cars to Australia until GC inventory has been sold. They may skip the soft refresh altogether and bring Juniper late 2024 early 2025. I hope I am wrong. I want my LR to have soft refresh.

I don’t believe Tesla will bring soft refresh cars to Australia until GC inventory has been sold. They may skip the soft refresh altogether and bring Juniper late 2024 early 2025. I hope I am wrong. I want my LR to have soft refresh.
100%. Corporate would be well aware of the circus bringing the soft refresh would cause while there are undelivered GC stock.

What a *sugar* show