Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone who has been reassigned a new VIN gotten their updated invoice? What’s the invoice date they put on there? Just thinking about the government rebates if we’re still eligible.

I think the eligibility is determined by the date you order not the date of the final invoice. You should have received an email regarding the stamp duty from Tesla and in the email, Tesla attached the receipt of your deposit and the payment date. You use that as evidence to claim

Reactions: Jason Ong
Got a call from tesla confirming my order. I asked if they can assign the existing inventory with the same spec I ordered as I don't have vin assigned yet. Agent said he will check but he's not sure why there are new inventory model y.

I also requested to change my DC to Alexandria instead of Chatswood.

Got a call from tesla confirming my order. I asked if they can assign the existing inventory with the same spec I ordered as I don't have vin assigned yet. Agent said he will check but he's not sure why there are new inventory model y.

I also requested to change my DC to Alexandria instead of Chatswood.
Any "inventory" will be on a ship (either GC stock on its way back or MC stock on its way over).

Reactions: hakunamatata
Mine hasn’t changed yet as well. Still Feb 20 to Mar 12. For Adelaide.
No VIN reassignment for me yet. Still 189### series. 11 Dec MY Performance order for Adelaide delivery, EDD still Feb 20-Mar 12. No change since the GC got sent back…

Would a reassignment to a car on the Morning Crystal be most likely? Or will the original car be reloaded on yet another ship? I’ll start following the MC progress. Gives me something to do to pass the time

No VIN reassignment for me yet. Still 189### series. 11 Dec MY Performance order for Adelaide delivery, EDD still Feb 20-Mar 12. No change since the GC got sent back…

Would a reassignment to a car on the Morning Crystal be most likely? Or will the original car be reloaded on yet another ship? I’ll start following the MC progress. Gives me something to do to pass the time
It really depends what they have on the new boat.

I have decided to send an SMS asking for an update and if I can expect to be reassigned. After everything that's happened with my order personally outside of the GC debacle, I don't want to get missed on the system.
My SMS inquiry got me the exact same email we all received 2 weeks ago regarding the GC being rejected. Copy paste verbatim. Thanks Tesla.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240103_142644_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103_142644_Messages.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 32
I have decided to send an SMS asking for an update and if I can expect to be reassigned. After everything that's happened with my order personally outside of the GC debacle, I don't want to get missed on the system.
I am in the same situation and already emailed my Tesla Adviser last week. The reply was their Ops team is working on solution with same situation as me as I already paid through finance. They said should have communication out to me early this week but still haven't hear from them.

For those who had VIN reassignment and paid already through NL or finance, do you need to update them with the new VIN information?