Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has been some talk about insurance here...

I had another look yesterday and RACV and possibly Allianz are the cheapest for me at around $1600-$1700 p/a.

Price isn’t everything. I found NRMA had the best policy for a reasonable price (under $1500 for MY RWD).
I wanted windscreen (+ roof) cover as well as choice of repairer. They added to the baseline premium.
I’ve had claims in the past and they’ve never given me any grief about what they’d pay for. Another insurer (years ago) wanted to argue what they would pay for. Never again.
Yes, I have max. NCB so that helped a lot. I’d hate to be starting from scratch in 2024.

Price isn’t everything. I found NRMA had the best policy for a reasonable price (under $1500 for MY RWD).
I wanted windscreen (+ roof) cover as well as choice of repairer. They added to the baseline premium.
Yes, I have max. NCB so that helped a lot. I’d hate to be starting from scratch in 2024.
By cheapest, I meant the cheapest that offered all this. Increasing the excess would make it cheaper still.

I’ve had claims in the past and they’ve never given me any grief about what they’d pay for. Another insurer (years ago) wanted to argue what they would pay for. Never again.
In addition to price, NRMA offers 2-year new-for-old replacement if you insure with them from the initial delivery of your vehicle and it's written off.. handy to have!

Reactions: Bal P and Jules22