Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My build date is 08/01/24

Which I just realised was yesterday 🤣
which makes it just as suspect as Raph's 01/01/0001 date, because they are unlikely to have assigned you a VIN 3 days before the car was built.

(unlike the early days of Tesla when cars were built to order and VINs were sometimes allocated months before the cars were built)

Reactions: dronus
A few details about my GC order, maybe there are others in the same situation

-ordered on 25th October
-2024 VIN re-assigned
-EDD of February 28 - March 20
-Contacted Tesla via SMS and phone and confirmed that it is on the Morning Crystal

---
1. I didn't know there were 2024 VINs on the MC
2. Why is the EDD all the way out in Feb-Mar? Are they being conservative because of the number of deliveries which need to take place?

2. Why is the EDD all the way out in Feb-Mar? Are they being conservative because of the number of deliveries which need to take place?
1. There shouldn't be any I'm confident that there isn't based on the ship's departure date. 2024 VINs are still being assigned.
2. The ship has to come to Australia, be cleared again, then go to your port, then arrange a delivery date, then move to your pickup center of choice. That all takes time especially with the large amount of orders they have to fulfill after the GC debacle. MC should be all delivered by end of Feb, and then the 2024 VINs should be delivered by end of March.

1. There shouldn't be any I'm confident that there isn't based on the ship's departure date. 2024 VINs are still being assigned.
2. The ship has to come to Australia, be cleared again, then go to your port, then arrange a delivery date, then move to your pickup center of choice. That all takes time especially with the large amount of orders they have to fulfill after the GC debacle. MC should be all delivered by end of Feb, and then the 2024 VINs should be delivered by end of March.
Still no reassigned VIN here and my delivery date is still in February do the MYP's get assigned last? Or have they not built the P's yet as they don't build as many of them. I'm not that fussed just would like a bit more info from Tesla.

Still no reassigned VIN here and my delivery date is still in February do the MYP's get assigned last? Or have they not built the P's yet as they don't build as many of them. I'm not that fussed just would like a bit more info from Tesla.
Hey mate I'm also a myp from glovis. I ordered in September and have just messaged tesla to see what the heck is going on.

Sorry I don't have any knowledge outside of what I can put together from my RWD order. If you haven't been assigned a VIN yet then you're most likely still in the queue for a reassignment.

A few details about my GC order, maybe there are others in the same situation

-ordered on 25th October
-2024 VIN re-assigned
-EDD of February 28 - March 20
-Contacted Tesla via SMS and phone and confirmed that it is on the Morning Crystal

---
Our MY is on MC and has a Melbourne EDD of 5/2 - 25/2.
I honestly can't see how a Sydney delivery on the Morning Crystal can be a month later.

Our MY is on MC and has a Melbourne EDD of 5/2 - 25/2.
I honestly can't see how a Sydney delivery on the Morning Crystal can be a month later.
Exactly - I first texted them, and then called them to confirm.
1704783534969.png

1704783576498.png