Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does rav mean?
It means the car has been registered with the Australian Government as being in compliance with the Road Vehicle Standards Act 2018
It replaces the old compliance plate that used to be fitted to the car.

It's a requirement before the vehicle can be sold, and many finance and insurance companies will want to confirm your car is in RAV before proceeding with payment / activation of policy.

Otherwise it means nothing, even wrt to the timing - the most recent batch of cars to arrive in WA were added to RAV while they were parked in Singapore.

And obviously it doesn't mean the car is actually in compliance, considering all the Model 3s that are in RAV and have now been determined to not comply.

Reactions: partyhat
IMG_3726.jpeg

Winnieblue, are you fighting the NL company at all for any compensation? I'm really pressuring mine, they are trying to make out like this was no big deal, but to me, the though of renting a house that I don't get to live in for 4 months seems batshit, why is a car different?

The motor power rating topic comes up frequently. It's even confused a few bloggers who've hastily announced power and battery upgrades for the Australian market based on the latest RoVeR entries, without comparing with older ones (which show that nothing has changed)

And the "Battery type: Lithium-ion" is also a big source of confusion, because many people don't realise that LFP is still a type of Lithium-ion battery.

Quick update because I know I appreciate it when I see these:

Melbourne based.

Ordered black/black MYLR 20” wheels on Dec 8 2023. Original EDD Dec-Jan, updated around 20th Dec to Jan-Feb.

VIN was just assigned about 10mins ago, and EDD updated to Feb 13-Mar 5.

No comms yet beyond what’s changed on website and app, so not sure what vessel it’ll be on at this stage.

Reactions: RichY3
Is that screenshot from the Chinese owner's manual?

That's the only place the Model Y's 3D7 is rated 194kW @ 5400rpm

In Australia they've always been rated as 220kW @ 8000rpm

From the Road Vehicle Regulator:

View attachment 1009953

In the Model 3 the 3D7 has always been rated as 208kW @ 6500 rpm

View attachment 1009954
Right, ok the screen shot table was under the title cars made in China. So all Aus cars are built in China so I thought 3D7 would mean 194kW motor.

IMG_3728.jpeg

Quick update because I know I appreciate it when I see these:

Melbourne based.

Ordered black/black MYLR 20” wheels on Dec 8 2023. Original EDD Dec-Jan, updated around 20th Dec to Jan-Feb.

VIN was just assigned about 10mins ago, and EDD updated to Feb 13-Mar 5.

No comms yet beyond what’s changed on website and app, so not sure what vessel it’ll be on at this stage.
Same here. I am in Sydney MYLR. Feb 16 - Mar 13.
The VIN is 370xx. Is that 2024 built? I will not accept 2023 build at all.

Same here. I am in Sydney MYLR. Feb 16 - Mar 13.
The VIN is 370xx. Is that 2024 built? I will not accept 2023 build at all.

The 8th last character (ie 8th from the right) should be R (ie RC370xxx) for 2024 I think? And it might be a P (ie PCxxxxxx) for 2023?

Mine is the former (RC370xxx) so I think that’s 2024 - but much smarter people on this forum will know better than me :)

Reactions: Kevin Li