Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the screen shot table was under the title cars made in China. So all Aus cars are built in China so I thought 3D7 would mean 194kW motor.

Yes but as I pointed out the same motor has different power outputs in different applications.

Similar to how fossil car manufacturers will have different "tunes" for the same engine depending on which trim the customer purchases.

194kW in China domestic Model Y;
208kW in Australia delivered Model 3; and
220kW in Australia delivered Model Y.

Edit: and with electric motors it's really easy to limit the power output, just limit the number of amps coming from the inverter.

As opposed to reducing the amount of fuel being injected into the engine and having to deal with fuel/oxygen mixtures at different loads and RPMs to make sure it's still compliant with emissions, ie a complete "tune"

Reactions: Kevin Li
I am keeping an eye. If I see three to four months gap in my delivery date and Juniper release, I will cancel my current order.
Yeah, was wondering. I nearly pulled the trigger on a legacy performance multiple times but the highland killed my plans.

Was looking at the MYPs that popped into inventory today but little worried again about an update killling value. Minimal or not

Yeah, was wondering. I nearly pulled the trigger on a legacy performance multiple times but the highland killed my plans.

Was looking at the MYPs that popped into inventory today but little worried again about an update killling value. Minimal or not
Having said that, I am also leaning towards BMW iX xDrive50 or Mercedes EQE SUV 350 4Matic. Different price range but immaculate quality, class and luxury.

Reactions: paulp and X Æ A-12
Yes but as I pointed out the same motor has different power outputs in different applications.

Similar to how fossil car manufacturers will have different "tunes" for the same engine depending on which trim the customer purchases.

194kW in China domestic Model Y;
208kW in Australia delivered Model 3; and
220kW in Australia delivered Model Y.

Edit: and with electric motors it's really easy to limit the power output, just limit the number of amps coming from the inverter.

As opposed to reducing the amount of fuel being injected into the engine and having to deal with fuel/oxygen mixtures at different loads and RPMs to make sure it's still compliant with emissions, ie a complete "tune"
I see, thanks for clarifying👌🏽 that’s awesome getting a more powerful tune motor than I expected, extra bonus👍

Ordered MYLR white no additions 2nd December - pick up Alexandria

Question re the build date. My final invoice has come through and it's showing build date 26/09/2023 and 11km on the odometer. It's due for delivery 26th Feb - 18th Mar. So that's 4-5 months old on pickup. How are others receiving newer builds?

Was looking at the MYPs that popped into inventory today but little worried again about an update killling value. Minimal or

Ordered MYLR white no additions 2nd December - pick up Alexandria

Question re the build date. My final invoice has come through and it's showing build date 26/09/2023 and 11km on the odometer. It's due for delivery 26th Feb - 18th Mar. So that's 4-5 months old on pickup. How are others receiving newer builds?
September build looks like a Glovis car.

Reactions: X Æ A-12
Oh I'm so excited. I just got assigned a VIN and estimated delivery date- happy times! Except the delivery date has been. Pushed back again. Was initially Dec-Jan, then Jan-Feb, and now it's Feb 26 - Mar 18!
How do you figure out the ship when you have the VIN?
Using the teslatap website suggests it's a 2023 build which I'm surprised given it has only just been allocated now.

Thanks to everyone in the forum for all the good information. Commiserations to the Model 3 highland group with their setback
Same for me, I got the vin assigned on the app yesterday but it is the PC189xxx. I think this one was the vin from the Tesla in glovis. Build date Sept 2023 on rav, this is before my order date.

I ordered 22 Nov, custom order not from inventory. When I asked at the end of Nov, the Tesla rep said that because I order from the custom order I will receive a VIN once the vehicle is built. Since I just got the VIN yesterday, I thought I should get the 2024 build.

Does this mean Tesla start assigning the glovis cars to the newer order now?

custom order not from inventory. When I asked at the end of Nov, the Tesla rep said that because I order from the custom order I will receive a VIN once the vehicle is built.
Tesla don't build to order, at least not since the Model S / Model X days.

They build a bunch of cars, then look for outstanding orders to match them to.

Sometimes that works in your favour, because placing a new order might match to an inventory car that has already been built and recently arrived or is still on a ship.

But now it looks like they're sending the September built cars back to Australia and assigning them to outstanding orders.

Reactions: cafz