Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm talking about YOUR car...

"Your car being in RAV now is only because the ship it was on previously landed in Australia and was entered at that time."

That's not actually accurate. See below. As I stated, RAV does not equal in Australia (land or sea)..."

My statement is 100% accurate because that is what happened FOR YOUR CAR.

I'm not doubting it happens and I never claimed it didn't.
I'm just saying it's not what happened with your car.
Yeah, okay buddy, whatever you say. 👌🏼

Reactions: Goneincognito
Looks like all the other ones 😂

It’s so enjoyable to drive though, everything I hoped for out of the car!

The delivery process in Canberra couldn’t have been better, too. They took us through the whole initial process of pairing phones, setting up profiles, customising everything etc. etc., and it didn’t feel rushed at all. Felt like we could have sat there playing around with things for another hour and they wouldn’t have had a problem. They were there for as many or as little questions as we wanted, and they came across as genuinely excited for you which was nice. Hopefully that’s the experience elsewhere, too.

The delivery process in Canberra couldn’t have been better, too. They took us through the whole initial process of pairing phones, setting up profiles, customising everything etc. etc., and it didn’t feel rushed at all. Felt like we could have sat there playing around with things for another hour and they wouldn’t have had a problem. They were there for as many or as little questions as we wanted, and they came across as genuinely excited for you which was nice. Hopefully that’s the experience elsewhere, too.
That’s excellent. Build quality and all ok? Nothing in particular we should be on high alert for ?

Reactions: Tony Soprano

What was the battery charge state at pick up?

Quite a few people have.
It will be the case for some time until the GC stock is depleted.
Wondering if there is a way to push Tesla to deliver cars that are made in 2024 for orders placed in 2024—something like a consumer court or fair trade, etc.? While a model year is not a factor for software-based cars like these, a model year does affect the ownership of the car in the long run.

Wondering if there is a way to push Tesla to deliver cars that are made in 2024 for orders placed in 2024—something like a consumer court or fair trade, etc.? While a model year is not a factor for software-based cars like these, a model year does affect the ownership of the car in the long run.
Why would a court have any interest in telling a company what they can and cannot sell? All other makers will have 2023 builds they will deliver to buyers in 2024 so you are talking about making up some arbitary rule and applying it across a whole industry?

Even if it was remotely viable, makers would have to stop producing vehicles for the Australian market after June and then make everyone wait who orders in Jan/Feb/Mar. Just makes zero sense.

If Tesla were telling you that you were getting a 2024 build and then gave you a 2023, sure the courts, fair trade, etc, would have some interest.

Really it makes absolutely zero difference as many have pointed out in this thread. It isn't like other makers who make some cosmetic and minor variances every single year. A 2023 Model Y is exactly the same as the current 2024 model.

Great to hear about your good experience.
I really hope delivery at Alexandria would be the same. Just concerned that with the large volume whether the staff would be too busy to show you through anything and you just get rushed out in 30min when your appointment time is up.

Reactions: Tony Soprano
That’s excellent. Build quality and all ok? Nothing in particular we should be on high alert for ?
No issues with the build quality for our one. I probably could have inspected more closely, but I just did the standard walk around looking for any obvious issues, but it was all fine.
What was the battery charge state at pick up?

99% for us.

No issues with the build quality for our one. I probably could have inspected more closely, but I just did the standard walk around looking for any obvious issues, but it was all fine.

99% for us.
Good to here, I assume you bought a MYRWD? Colour?
I'm still waiting to hear when I'll get my MYP, I hope they only put 80% charge in the battery because that's what Tesla recommend for day to day use.