Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those in Melbourne who are waiting, here is the latest from the ship movements website of Ports Victoria. MC is now scheduled for 26 Jan which as we all know is Australia Day. I will be surprised if any cars are unloaded over the long weekend. My current window is 27 Jan to 17 Feb, my guess is maybe the later end of that.

Wharfies are still striking in Port Melbourne causing major delays for all kinds of shipping. Whether or not that affects the MC is anyone's guess.

View attachment 1011751
I would assume this is the most accurate but depending on where you look, I have found 3 different times..

We have what is shown here (26/1 14:31).

The ship tracker shows today at 12:00

MIRRAT shows it as Saturday.

1706130690400.png
1706130707824.png

I think they might give priority to orders that haven't been fully paid yet in case it is canceled at the last minute. I've got a slot booked for next Monday. I made the payment today.
Nope. I haven’t paid yet and the earliest pickup is now outside of the EDD window in the app. Car will have sat somewhere in Aus for ~6 weeks before I am allowed to collect it. But I’m overseas then as previously mentioned, they will call me today (theoretically) to try and do something about that

I wrote a letter of complaint to tesla customer service stating that despite ordering Dec 2nd that I was receiving a model manufactured in September 2023 and others are receiving more recent builds. They called today and said they completely understand where I'm coming from but they won't be doing anything about it as that would be 'acknowledging the issue'. The option provided was to cancel the order if I want

Copy of my email to them below
View attachment 1011163
Hey Rich, which email address did you send this to at Tesla? I've been pushing the same to Tesla via the SMS point of contact, but get a combination of being blown off and ignored. I'd like to push this further and send them something formal via email.

Reactions: RichY3
Yeah I know that. My point (as others have already noted) was that having the VIN in RAV has nothing to do with it being in country or even in Australian waters. Tesla registers them in RAV even when they are still in China sometimes.
Ok, but you saying "MY MYP is still on the water, has never landed in Australia, is not expected to land for another 3-4 weeks, and yet is still on the RAV database" is not really an accurate representation if that.

My Glovis VIN and new VIN were not in RAV until the ships were at Bris.

That's what I was pointing out.
Your car being in RAV now is only because the ship it was on previously landed in Australia and was entered at that time.
They did not remove it from RAV when the GC was kicked out and then add it back in when the new ship was on its way.

Reactions: Quickst
Hey Rich, which email address did you send this to at Tesla? I've been pushing the same to Tesla via the SMS point of contact, but get a combination of being blown off and ignored. I'd like to push this further and send them something formal via email.
Here you go [email protected]
It wasn't easy to find but I think it stands for customer service. They simply replied saying call us back...
Let us know how you go