Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What pricing variations did you get? Since ordering I cannot even see a breakdown of the pricing that I agreed to when I ordered. Pretty ridiculous in this day and age.
apparently an increase in CTP price since 1.5 weeks ago when they sent me my supposed final invoice. I swear they just make this crap up along the way!

I’m currently sitting on “final invoice 15” - I don’t think they have a grasp on what “final” means and should perhaps consider dropping it from use
yea this is invoice number 12, its just very frustrating as im on a NL for the MY and everytime they change it they the NL company has to requote again.

Reactions: jq371
Thanks for the clarification. Sucks if you get a 2023 ex Glovis car and have to pay more for insurance as a result. Very suboptimal...

Didn't realize that, may be another reason to cancel and reorder when the GC stock is gone. Tesla is saying no different between 2023 and 2024 Model Y, but not according to NRMA. Just did comparison, it cost almost $300 more for 2023. I am lucky enough to be allocated a September build GC car, so by the time the car ready, it would be 6 months old :), as with few people here, checked with Tesla, basically nothing can be done, either take it or cancel it.

Didn't realize that, may be another reason to cancel and reorder when the GC stock is gone. Tesla is saying no different between 2023 and 2024 Model Y, but not according to NRMA. Just did comparison, it cost almost $300 more for 2023. I am lucky enough to be allocated a September build GC car, so by the time the car ready, it would be 6 months old :), as with few people here, checked with Tesla, basically nothing can be done, either take it or cancel it.
As far as the car itself, Tesla is right.
Insurance is another story (see my earlier comment explaining why).

I had a car on GC which was replaced with a new one that was built 26/12/23.
Still a 2023 build, just 3 months newer.

Given there is absolutely no difference between the cars, do you really want to cancel, forfeit your $400 deposit and wait God knows how long for a 2024 build to be available just to save $300 on insurance.

Reactions: bsbh
apparently an increase in CTP price since 1.5 weeks ago when they sent me my supposed final invoice. I swear they just make this crap up along the way!

yea this is invoice number 12, its just very frustrating as im on a NL for the MY and everytime they change it they the NL company has to requote again.
Im the same. I’ve signed my NL paperwork so many times now

Attachments

• IMG_3846.jpeg
    IMG_3846.jpeg
    610.5 KB · Views: 26
Yes I'm in the same boat and yes the insurance is more expensive...but deposit and rebates on the line....annoying really

Driving to pick the kiddo up from School just before in our 2010 RAV4.
A bird crapped on the windshield so I put the wipers on to clean it.
A couple of seconds later, CRACK!
Cracked from top to about half way down.
Claim made ($0 excess) and just need to wait.

I must admit, I had a small moment where I thought "I'm glad I don't have the Tesla yet".

wow, mine was exactly the opposite, I was telling them I wouldn't likely be ready to hand the car over till late Dec/early Jan (wishful thinking) so I said it's probably not worth sending someone out right away, lol. They were pretty insistant and wanted to get that contract signed to lock me in right away (which I used to drive the price up)

This is an update for anyone considering using the carbuyers.com.au service.

Despites Jules22's good experience, I'm not having any luck with these clowns. Their 1300 phone mailbox is full. I still keep getting emails from some bloke called Conlon (from carbuyers.com.au) yet he still hasn't replied to any of my return emails, voice messages or text messages. (he has a mobile) I'm giving these clowns a wide berth as clearly they are totally unprofessional (or even worse). Caveat Emptor.

Reactions: Jules22