Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
some bloke called Conlon
Haha, this is the guy I dealt with too.

I didn’t have a problem getting a hold of him, but he came across like a complete knob any time I spoke to him.

Their offer ended up being $7k below carsales instant offer anyway, so I just went through carsales. That process couldn’t have been any easier, I was really impressed.

This is an update for anyone considering using the carbuyers.com.au service.

Despites Jules22's good experience, I'm not having any luck with these clowns. Their 1300 phone mailbox is full. I still keep getting emails from some bloke called Conlon (from carbuyers.com.au) yet he still hasn't replied to any of my return emails, voice messages or text messages. (he has a mobile) I'm giving these clowns a wide berth as clearly they are totally unprofessional (or even worse). Caveat Emptor.
Interesting, I'm guessing they must have franchises or something similar, would explain the varying experiences.

Reactions: MrMister
I am really interested to see when the first Morning Crystal melbourne cars are going to start being delivered, for anyone posting about the pickup date, please include the location, for Victoria write Mulgrave Vic thanks in advance
Someone posted on Wednesday that they were picking theirs up from Mulgrave on 12/2.
I got the "it's arrived in Australia" message on Tuesday and have not yet received anything to book a deliver.

Reactions: Billylid
Haha, this is the guy I dealt with too.

I didn’t have a problem getting a hold of him, but he came across like a complete knob any time I spoke to him.

Their offer ended up being $7k below carsales instant offer anyway, so I just went through carsales. That process couldn’t have been any easier, I was really impressed.
Thanks Tony.

I couldn't get a carsales instant quote because my car is older than 12 years (I think that was their cutoff). So I paid to list it ($69 for 3 months) and an extra $20 for the PPSR report.

Reactions: Tony Soprano
Reactions: jq371

Chinese buyers can order Quicksilver on the website right now, I checked. Also all new Model Y's are coming with HW4
I was thinking of cancelling as well but there is a large number of MY in inventory at the moment. Thousands of GC returned cars are sitting there. Tesla will not bring new Model Y to Australia until they have cleared the inventory. I believe the new Model Y will come to Australia sometime Sep-Oct this year. This is just a guess though.

Hey nice one finally got it! How was your delivery experience at Alexandria? I’m keen to find out. Thanks
Its good, quick and fast. I forgot asking the guy name, but he guided me thru the process, setting up the key and showed some basic setup, then drove off. Also he offered us to take the photos! Overall less than 10mins. Oh yeah, parking is hard. We parked at bunnings!

I am now seriously considering cancelling my order, because Tesla China has announced new model Y colours including Quicksilver.

While I mull this decision, I re-opened the trade-in portal for my order, which effectively puts it on hold.
How do you open the trade in portal? And what does putting your order on hold this way actually mean? Will they hold the car indefinitely (assuming they won't change the VIN).

Hi All

Really happy to see a lot of fellow Tesla enthusiasts getting hold of their Model Y finally. A few people like myself havent been so lucky as I am part of the Sydney MC saga where some cars didnt get unloaded in PK.

When my EDD changed from Early Feb to March, I called the Tesla rep who informed me of this issue with MC not unloading all cars in PK. As such Tesla is planning for the said Model Ys to be trucked up to Sydney. Now my EDD has changed to Feb 17-March 9. However, I havent received 'your car is in Australia' email or text... but my car Vin is appearing on RAV. What does this mean? Any idea?

Hi All

Really happy to see a lot of fellow Tesla enthusiasts getting hold of their Model Y finally. A few people like myself havent been so lucky as I am part of the Sydney MC saga where some cars didnt get unloaded in PK.

When my EDD changed from Early Feb to March, I called the Tesla rep who informed me of this issue with MC not unloading all cars in PK. As such Tesla is planning for the said Model Ys to be trucked up to Sydney. Now my EDD has changed to Feb 17-March 9. However, I havent received 'your car is in Australia' email or text... but my car Vin is appearing on RAV. What does this mean? Any idea?
they are blatant liars lol… they told me they did unload my car at sydney but there was a minor issue with the paint, but when i messaged them they said they were trucking them up, then i called again and said there was an emergency and they assigned my car to a person that was waiting longer. I was really fed up so i forced them to assign me an unassigned vehicle that landed in sydney. They really “assigned” my car to a person waiting longer than me even though my order date is September 10 😂😂😂

they are blatant liars lol… they told me they did unload my car at sydney but there was a minor issue with the paint, but when i messaged them they said they were trucking them up, then i called again and said there was an emergency and they assigned my car to a person that was waiting longer. I was really fed up so i forced them to assign me an unassigned vehicle that landed in sydney. They really “assigned” my car to a person waiting longer than me even though my order date is September 10 😂😂😂
I would force them to assign a new car to me but I have purchased via Novated lease whcih is tied to my VIN. Changing the VIN now will mean a new agreement with Novated leasing. This has already happened once because of reassignment from Glovis to MC. Not sure if its worth going through this cycle again or just wait till the EDD date of Feb 17

I would force them to assign a new car to me but I have purchased via Novated lease whcih is tied to my VIN. Changing the VIN now will mean a new agreement with Novated leasing. This has already happened once because of reassignment from Glovis to MC. Not sure if its worth going through this cycle again or just wait till the EDD date of Feb 17
The MC has left melbourne so the cars are either on port or getting trucked up, it’s not gonna take long as trucking them up will take 2 days max but i would be worried about debris. I would say just wait it out, there’s delays for every car manufacturer right now