Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 questions...

1: Are we given the delivery dates to pick in the app or is it a link in a message/email?

2: The car is financed through Plenti (Tesla's finance partner) and they will make their payment a couple of days before delivery but we are paying a deposit of around 40%.
I made a small test payment ($10) on Friday to make sure that the payment details were correct.
Will I see this payment anywhere or will I need to contact Tesla?

Geez I wonder if my ex GC MYP is on the Lapis Arrow, Tesla won't tell me what ship my car is on and I don't understand why they won't tell me? All information is in your Tesla account and that is as much as we know. I mean seriously, people on here know what ship that there car is on... delivery is still late February through to mid March so it's possible that my car is on this one?
My date is the same so it is likely

2 questions...

1: Are we given the delivery dates to pick in the app or is it a link in a message/email?

2: The car is financed through Plenti (Tesla's finance partner) and they will make their payment a couple of days before delivery but we are paying a deposit of around 40%.
I made a small test payment ($10) on Friday to make sure that the payment details were correct.
Will I see this payment anywhere or will I need to contact Tesla?
1. Available delivery date will appear in the app for you to choose onc3 you receive the email/SMS.
2. There will be an SMS telling you there is a payment made to your account but won't show how much. They will update your final invoice to reflect your balance.

Reactions: Goneincognito
Saw on facebook tesla group of model y’s with build date of 26/12/2023 having 2024 in the nsw rego paperwork. Can anyone confirm and what should we provide with our insurance companies (whether its 2023 or 2024)? Below is the facebook post

First timer here, and have been looking at all the discussions on here last few days. I ordered yesterday (3rd Feb) and am in Victoria. The app says Feb 24 to March 16. Is this going to be a 2024 build. Is there a vessel already enroute to Melbourne? When we went for our test drive on Friday, we were told the stink bug Teslas are coming back to Australia, so people can still get 2023 build even if ordered in Feb 2024?

First timer here, and have been looking at all the discussions on here last few days. I ordered yesterday (3rd Feb) and am in Victoria. The app says Feb 24 to March 16. Is this going to be a 2024 build. Is there a vessel already enroute to Melbourne? When we went for our test drive on Friday, we were told the stink bug Teslas are coming back to Australia, so people can still get 2023 build even if ordered in Feb 2024?
If you ordered a standard RW then most probably it’s a Ex-GC car. There were a limited number of performance and LR on GC. It depends on your configuration.

Its good, quick and fast. I forgot asking the guy name, but he guided me thru the process, setting up the key and showed some basic setup, then drove off. Also he offered us to take the photos! Overall less than 10mins. Oh yeah, parking is hard. We parked at bunnings!
Nice, ok thanks. Was the car charged up? And did you check the car over etc? That’s very efficient, 10min seems pretty quick. I guess if there were any issues they are not going to fix it on the day anyway.

Welcome to the forum. Have you been assigned a VIN yet? If you are, you can use a VIN decoder to understand the model year of the car.
Have you received an email that says your car has been assigned and which ship is it coming on? Your stated EDD of Feb 24- Mar 16 is about a week after mine, which is inbound on the Lapis Arrow vessel, and mine is a 2024 build. Not sure if LA is carrying both new vehicles and ex GC cars

Welcome to the forum. Have you been assigned a VIN yet? If you are, you can use a VIN decoder to understand the model year of the car.
Have you received an email that says your car has been assigned and which ship is it coming on? Your stated EDD of Feb 24- Mar 16 is about a week after mine, which is inbound on the Lapis Arrow vessel, and mine is a 2024 build. Not sure if LA is carrying both new vehicles and ex GC cars
No vin yet, I'm assuming I'll get it post weekend. How long before my delivery window should I expect a vin?

No vin yet, I'm assuming I'll get it post weekend. How long before my delivery window should I expect a vin?
My understanding is that a VIN will be assigned soon after a car is assigned to your reservation number, often when the car is still en route. In my case VIN was assigned about 3 days after the car was assigned to my number.

My understanding is that a VIN will be assigned soon after a car is assigned to your reservation number, often when the car is still en route. In my case VIN was assigned about 3 days after the car was assigned to my number
Oh wow that's quick. I better get my novated lease going process going.

Another question for those who went NL, what inclusions were allowed. I was told premium connectivity (9$/month) and 550$ mobile charger are allowed, but not the 800$ wall charger.

Reactions: bsbh
I'm assuming things like tint, ppf, ceramic coating, etc. , can also be included.

Also I see there is a snow chain option in official Tesla store for 19/20" wheels. Seems like the required diamond pattern in places like mt. Hotham, etc. in Victoria. Anyone purchased these or perhaps added to NL, or best to just rent these out when one goes to the snow regions? Of course that's assuming the snow chain rentals have Tesla model y chains readily available.

I'm assuming things like tint, ppf, ceramic coating, etc. , can also be included.

Also I see there is a snow chain option in official Tesla store for 19/20" wheels. Seems like the required diamond pattern in places like mt. Hotham, etc. in Victoria. Anyone purchased these or perhaps added to NL, or best to just rent these out when one goes to the snow regions? Of course that's assuming the snow chain rentals have Tesla model y chains readily available.
Yeah my NL called to add the usual window tint, exterior coating and interior protection to add to my lease

Reactions: bsbh