Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got a message saying vehicle has been assigned and is on walrus ace. But no vin yet. Anyone else is the same boat (literally!)
Edit - tried the view source trick in my browser - but no vin in the page source. There is a field though is_vin_assigned which has a value of true.
Walrus ace ETA is 7th Feb direct to Melbourne, for those who have their MYs on there

Edit - any guesses if these are my24 builds?

Last edited:
Nice, from MIRRAT, seems like your boat and LA are going to be alongside, maybe we might get delivery dates quite close to each other
Nice! I wonder though why they have so many vessels reaching at the same time. Maybe surplus stock from the stink bug situation making it to us in batches? Did you get your VIN or just the message that model y is allocated to you - hopefully 2024 builds for all of these vessels arriving now.

Last edited:
Nice! I wonder though why they have so many vessels reaching at the same time. Maybe surplus stuck from the stink bug situation making it to us in batches? Did you get your VIN or just the message that it is car is allocated to you - hopefully 2024 builds for all of these vessels arriving now.
I did get the VIN but it wasn't communicated to me specifically. I just happened to refresh on my Tesla app, and one fine day the VIN appeared in the vehicle details section.
Yeah, these boats may be carrying a combination of 2024 and 2023 builds.

Reactions: jassi
I did get the VIN but it wasn't communicated to me specifically. I just happened to refresh on my Tesla app, and one fine day the VIN appeared in the vehicle details section.
Yeah, these boats may be carrying a combination of 2024 and 2023 builds.
I guess I just keep refreshing then :) How long after the message did the VIN show up? And does your vin indicate 2024 build?

Yes! The SMS came!
2nd March was the only day available so I locked it in.
Me too !! I had 3 dates to choose from / 29 Feb, 1 mar or 2 March so I booked 2 March at 3pm. Gotta come from Newcastle and I finish work at 5am that morning and fly to LA on the 3rd so it’ll be a pretty full on few days.

Weirdly enough it’s Alexandria even tho I selected Chatswood. But oh well

• Love
Reactions: darma and Jules22