Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience with all of the Tesla staff I have interracted with is that they are more invested in the product than any other organisation I've ever dealt with. They know they have a fantastic product and they are genuinely excited to get it in the hands of the customer.

Unfortuantely there are many areas that they just have zero visibility over and it's even questionable how much visibility head office have. They are a small player in the grand scheme of things compare to other auto exporters, they are at the whims of the contracted logistics, including shipping, road transport etc (and you have to remember how badly impacted worldwide shipping is at the moment).

I don't know how they have to contract the logistics, however my guess based on what I've observed is that they contract a logistics agency to book space on ships, road transporters etc, and it's that companies job to get the vehicles from the factory to the delivery center. That would explain why you see vehicles spread over multiple ships, especially at the moment with the above mentioned shipping issues, limiting the number of RORO's available and also the fact that Tesla don't really know which order the vehicles will be loaded/unloaded and transported, etc.

They are just not big enough exporters as yet to be able to justify owning parts of the logistics chain, or having the clout to make demands of the logistics system.
They give you a lot of confidence that they are on the inside, and they do try hard, but they have less idea than what you get off the app and the news. It can give you false hope. Like we needed the car earlier and were ok with any standard Y model, they said they would fix it ... but did nothing. I think they mean well but are outside the sanctum like the rest of us.

Reactions: Teddy2
LA unloading our MYs. Hope we get our emails soon
IMG_4499.jpeg

Reactions: chopperrrrr
There tons of 2024 model y in vic inventory, have these already arrived and ready for delivery?

I saw a post on the Tesla Owners Australia FB group tonight that a guy ordered a 2024 model from Inventory last week and is picking up next week. He is cancelling his order placed in November that was a reassigned Glovis model and still had a later EDD than next week. Another person commented on the post that they spoke to Tesla and did similar and was able to get the $400 on the earlier order refunded. Who knows how Tesla is running things, but it's certainly not first in first out it seems.

MC Sydney, I’m the lucky one who’s car wasnt unloaded, tesla called me saying my edd has moved forward, march 5th to march 26th. I’ve been waiting for 7 months and this incompetent company has issues with everything. i will be speaking to my lawyer
My Melbourne unloaded one still hasn’t had its ETA changed (February 17 - March 09),
did Tesla give you any more context as to why yours has been pushed? I already know the answer is no but no one from Tesla has called me once in this entire process

Has anyone that was offered 6 months EAP due to the Glovis fiasco that have picked up their cars received this yet?
It said "within 10 days from delivery" but I was curious how soon after delivery it was added?
Does your MY have a single Tesla badge (T) at the back or five letters? I saw one new MY today and it had five letters (T E S L A) just like M3 Highland.

Reactions: bsbh
My car was on GC but Tesla assigned a new VIN with a build date of 26/12 when the ship got sent back.
This new car was on the Morning Crystal and I am booked to pick it up on the 19th.

This morning I got insurance sorted, roadside assist (we live in the country so Tesla roadside won't cover some things), completed the finance which will be paid 3 days before delivery and transferred the balance of the deposit to Tesla.

Nothing to do not but sit back and wait.

View attachment 1017055

Same. Got a new VIN assigned with a build date of 27th Dec.

This experience has been the worst. I wouldn't be surprised that either a) an upgraded MY will start coming out with HW4 in the next few months perhaps with the factory having been upgraded over the golden week holidays in China, or b) the price on the MY will drop after they have offloaded the backlog of the MY and in preparation for the Juniper model or both and our resell value will drop heaps... this is the 'luck' the GC people had so far :)

Picking up my car Tuesday in Alexandria/Sydney. I don't feel excited any longer as I felt in Sept last year. If only we were so lucky that HW4 had been added, then I would be over the moon and not cared about the Juniper model coming.