Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my MY Rear Wheel Drive in November. The is built in Sep 23. Is it normal? I see some people who ordered in August get MY24. Also car arrived on LA but yet no delivery. I live in Sydney. Anyone got their delivery date who had their cars on LA? I’m renting a car now and just want to know how long I should wait.
There are number of people got Sep 23 built car, some were ordered in Jan.. These are the cars have completed an ocean cruise on GC. I ordered early Dec, and also get a Sep 23 car and waiting for delivery, no date yet. There is no different in spec compared to the one build in 2024, I think we all get that . However, when you ready to trade-in / sell in few years' times, I would think the 2024 car will get more compared to the one build in 23. The only option is to cancel and reorder from inventory to get a 24 car, but that mean will lose rebates in NSW, i.e. stamp duty, and ordering fee, which is over $3k. :-(

I ordered my MY Rear Wheel Drive in November. The is built in Sep 23. Is it normal? I see some people who ordered in August get MY24. Also car arrived on LA but yet no delivery. I live in Sydney. Anyone got their delivery date who had their cars on LA? I’m renting a car now and just want to know how long I should wait.
Welcome. As a few have said, you have been assigned a vehicle that completed a luxury pacific cruise and holiday off the Brisbane coast last year.
For those who ordered in August of last year getting a MY24, 2024 built vehicle, it is because they were waiting such a long time for their original vehicle to complete its holiday that Tesla reassigned them new vehicles. Pure chance that it was a 2024 build

Reactions: Raph_
Welcome. As a few have said, you have been assigned a vehicle that completed a luxury pacific cruise and holiday off the Brisbane coast last year.
For those who ordered in August of last year getting a MY24, 2024 built vehicle, it is because they were waiting such a long time for their original vehicle to complete its holiday that Tesla reassigned them new vehicles. Pure chance that it was a 2024 build
If the car is a GC Bug Car shouldn't Tesla disclose it the customer?

If the car is a GC Bug Car shouldn't Tesla disclose it the customer?
When did you place your order? I guess all ex-GC bug cars are all considered "inventory" cars, and hence are marked MY23 on Tesla inventory?
Regarding Tesla disclosing stinkbug cars, as a customer I would like that, but I guess from Tesla's point of view, the cars themselves aren't compromised in the mechanical sense, so they might feel they don't need to disclose.

Last edited:
When did you place your order? I guess all ex-GC bug cars are all considered "inventory" cars, and hence are marked MY23 on Tesla inventory?
Regarding Tesla disclosing stinkbug cars, as a customer I would like that, but I guess from Tesla's point of view, the cars themselves aren't compromised in the mechanical sense, so they might feel they don't need to disclose.
Tesla just confirmed that my car was previously on GC (I ordered in November for the first time). Now, I read somewhere that they give 6 months autopilot free on this or was it just for people who did not cancel their order?

Tesla just confirmed that my car was previously on GC (I ordered in November for the first time). Now, I read somewhere that they give 6 months autopilot free on this or was it just for people who did not cancel their order?
You can try, but I suspect the compensation was for those who waited several months extra for their vehicle. If you've recently ordered and been offered a vehicle within the standard window I don't think you'll have much of a case but worth a try.

Reactions: SarahP21
honestly don’t get the whining and complaining about getting a 2023 v 2024 vehicle. They were made months apart. Aren’t they exactly the same car with the same specs? like how much would resell value/ insurance difference be?
Correct, until the refreshed MY comes out there is really no difference. Model years don't factor anywhere near as much for Tesla as they do for legacy vehicles.

I ordered in November promised before Xmas and we all know what happened then, it got delayed further then the email of 6months EAP came thru.
TBH with the Xmas update the previous year I played with EAP a bit but to me it was too gimmicky, I can see some situations where summon might be useful but its a bit slow and can be buggy. What else was there lane change again humans can usually do better. Think there was autopark but I wouldn't trust it not to hit other cars.
I'd prefer to try FSD but only when v12 comes out but then again I prefer driving anyway after all that's why we buy cars not robotaxis?

Maybe in another 50 years when I'm long gone...

Last edited:
Reactions: bsbh
I finally got the "Your Model Y has arrived in Australia, delivery approaching" SMS. It also said they will notify me to schedule a window "as soon as the vehicle is prepared and ready for delivery".
Just got the same sms and email. Hopefully I finally get an invoice soon. Still haven’t got my VIN back in the app, assume still the case for everyone else? Ordered Dec 5 and EDD still March 6-27.

Reactions: bsbh