Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my MYLR this afternoon from Alexandria. I am extremely disappointed with their service. Everything was rushed and couldn’t even check the vehicle any anomalies. Tesla rep only spent 5 minutes with me and literally told me that is the way out 😡. Battery was had only 43% charge. When I enquired about the low charge state I was told “ you are lucky you have 43% charge. When are only charging up to 15%”. I had less than 30% charge left when I arrived home.

I am not impressed with the car either. There are many very annoying rattles. The most annoying one is in the dash somewhere.

Well… my first and last Tesla. I will go back to German brands.
Where is the pick up centre? Bourke Rd or Maddox St? what are their closing hours? we are picking up 5pm.. fingers crossed how rushed they will be during closing hours.

So a few months with Tesla is actually not too bad
Agree!

I have friends who waited over 12 months for a BMW and a Volvo… with only vague communication on delivery timing. Unfortunately new cars in Australia is a waiting game these days.

As many have said, it is excruciating while your are waiting and seems not worth it… but hang in there it is definitely worth it!

Simple things of a Tesla over other EVs - charging speed (I see Volvos and Polestars maxed out at 76kW at 20% SOC, while I am pulling well over 100kW at 55%)… thats a good chunk of time you don’t have to wait for charging while on your road trip… and there are many others, not least of which it is a dream to drive.

Hang in there and when it arrives - Enjoy!

Reactions: jq371 and Teddy2
Six months and waiting... Excluding the GC saga and a cancelled order, it has been 2 months for my new order on LA, and now my vehicle details on the order page have vanished!
After test driving several EVs available on the market, I stuck to my original decision since 2019. It is a TESLA... but both patience and time are running out. :(

Order: Jan 2024 Sydney Model Y LR Blue Multi-Coat, 19" Gemini, Black interior.
EDD: February - March 2024, February 4 - February 25 2024, March 12 - April 2
Order: Sep 2023 Sydney Model Y LR Blue Multi-Coat, 19" Gemini, Black interior.
EDD: Oct - Nov 2023, Nov - Dec 2023 --> Order Cancelled and money refunded

Yes, but they are rubbish.
Look for an aftermarket solution ASAP.
Not sure if they have changed since my Oct23 build… mine are fine, functional and easy to clean.
They are not thick, cushy, luxurious - but then I didn’t spend over $100k on the car… and if your looking for something that copes with heavy wet muddy boots, you always needed after market for that.

I picked up my MYLR this afternoon from Alexandria. I am extremely disappointed with their service. Everything was rushed and couldn’t even check the vehicle any anomalies. Tesla rep only spent 5 minutes with me and literally told me that is the way out 😡. Battery was had only 43% charge. When I enquired about the low charge state I was told “ you are lucky you have 43% charge. When are only charging up to 15%”. I had less than 30% charge left when I arrived home.

I am not impressed with the car either. There are many very annoying rattles. The most annoying one is in the dash somewhere.

Well… my first and last Tesla. I will go back to German brands.
Did you get one of the old GC stinkbug cars from Sept 2023 or is yours a 2024 manufactured car?

I got these.

I got these.

I ordered the same they look great in the videos

I got these.

Me three. They’re great premium accessories.