Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MY on 20-Feb, expected delivery updated today to 24-Mar to 14-Apr, super excited :)
Who’s gonna tell him?

Haha only kidding. Hopefully it all pans out that way. Deliveries of late have been a bit of a touchy subject but hopefully they are back in track now to keep up with their projections …. I’m down to 4 days to go before delivery and the excitement is growing again

I asked Tesla, they said I should expect delivery scheduling SMS to arrive in a few days (car came on LA, Mt Waverley DC), and the car should arrive to DC early March.
My NL provider said all paperwork is ready, and they need to know the delivery date before triggering the payment.

Reactions: jassi and jq371
Hi. Has anyone taken delivery of an ex-GC car? Were there any issues? I'm not particularly concerned about the battery, and not at all concerned about fumigation. I am worried about sitting in salt air for 5 months accelerating corrosion to electronics and metal parts. But I really have no reference for conditions on a vehicle carrier and if it makes any difference.

Hi. Has anyone taken delivery of an ex-GC car? Were there any issues? I'm not particularly concerned about the battery, and not at all concerned about fumigation. I am worried about sitting in salt air for 5 months accelerating corrosion to electronics and metal parts. But I really have no reference for conditions on a vehicle carrier and if it makes any difference.
💀 salt air thats a first

Finally... picked up our MY RWD (from Paganella) on Monday evening, from Alexandria. We were there 30 mins early, they didn't complain... was a positive experience. No time pressure, they let us do whatever we want, other than checking paint, panels, lights, cameras nothing much we could do. We requested to have fully charged, they haven't promised but did it to 95%. Ours was a 50km drive home, camera calibration completed half way thru. Haven't found any issues yet, still need to play around and learn more about the car.. Thankyou all guys for the company, updates, information sharing..

None yet, there were some really minor marks around the headlight and the rear hatch but when I pointed it out to the delivery team, the detailing team were right on it.
Car presents beautifully and really sparkles in the sunshine. (MYP ex GC vehicle)

Thanks! Yep no issues found. Just a bit dirty lower down the car. The car cleaner there was only too happy to spot clean bits that I found on the body as well. Interesting note was a Tesla person there checking all paint imperfections on all dark coloured cars (anything other than white) and he was picking up quite a few and sending the cars to be polished out. So if you didn’t order a white car, just look through the paintwork properly. There was an initial rattle at the seat belts just out of the dealer. But I been driving it around for a few days now and the rattle is gone and everything is beautiful silence.
Now, there is only one more avatar picture related task to take care of ..... :)

I called Tesla for an update. The person told me the cars are on Theben (those who missed MC delivery on PK) and should be delivered soon since Theben has unloaded in PK. I was happy with the news... but..............

I was in Parramatta and went in Tesla store for shits and giggles and they told me they are organizing the cars to be sent via trucks to Sydney from Melboiurne. I told them about Theben and they were really confused. It seems no one knows whats really happening.

Anyways, I gave them an earful on how they werent even sure of where the cars are and how they are giving conflicting info to people. Dont know what outcome that will lead to but its extremely frustrating.