Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla for an update. The person told me the cars are on Theben (those who missed MC delivery on PK) and should be delivered soon since Theben has unloaded in PK. I was happy with the news... but..............

I was in Parramatta and went in Tesla store for shits and giggles and they told me they are organizing the cars to be sent via trucks to Sydney from Melboiurne. I told them about Theben and they were really confused. It seems no one knows whats really happening.

Anyways, I gave them an earful on how they werent even sure of where the cars are and how they are giving conflicting info to people. Dont know what outcome that will lead to but its extremely frustrating.
One things forsure, giving staff “an earfull” is disrespectful and unhelpful.

I called Tesla for an update. The person told me the cars are on Theben (those who missed MC delivery on PK) and should be delivered soon since Theben has unloaded in PK. I was happy with the news... but..............

I was in Parramatta and went in Tesla store for shits and giggles and they told me they are organizing the cars to be sent via trucks to Sydney from Melboiurne. I told them about Theben and they were really confused. It seems no one knows whats really happening.

Anyways, I gave them an earful on how they werent even sure of where the cars are and how they are giving conflicting info to people. Dont know what outcome that will lead to but its extremely frustrating.
Same thing with me, I called and they said it was on THEBEN, but the DC said they're arranging trucks to be sent. But I am really sure its on THEBEN, as it doesn't take 1 month for them to bring the cars to Sydney.

I reckon the Tesla store staff don't get told how the cars are coming, they just get told they're on their way. They've just made an assumption that they're coming by truck.

Update from me, I decided to cancel the sept 2023 model y rwd they assigned to me. Took $500 hit. I re-ordered from inventory of the build date 2024, which was on walrus ace vessel.

Today just received the schedule for delivery!!! Picking up vehicle next Sunday in Mulgrave. Super thrilled and feel like a kid with a new toy coming!
Did you ask Tesla to reassign you a car, they usually do that. But congrats!

Update from me, I decided to cancel the sept 2023 model y rwd they assigned to me. Took $500 hit. I re-ordered from inventory of the build date 2024, which was on walrus ace vessel.

Today just received the schedule for delivery!!! Picking up vehicle next Sunday in Mulgrave. Super thrilled and feel like a kid with a new toy coming!
Congratulations mate, yeah curious how sure were you regarding the inventory car. Were you told before hand that the car was already on shore, as opposed to one that is still sailing towards us?

I was out fishing by the Brisbane Port last night and randomly came across a carpark right on the river full of new Teslas (Watpac plant yard on Aquarium Ave in Hemmant) right near my fishing spot at the boat ramp. No plates on them and some looked like they had protective strips around the door trim. Location must be a temp holding area between unloading at Fisherman’s Island and the delivery centre due to the backlog of shipments. It was earily quiet around but I could hear constant clicking noises coming from the vehicles which was interesting. There must have been a couple hundred cars there.

Attachments

• IMG_2321.jpeg
    IMG_2321.jpeg
    414.7 KB · Views: 26

Imagine being a Tesla salesman and you get flamed for not knowing what ship this random guy is asking about. I pray for Tesla employees. 😪

doesn't take 1 month for them to bring the cars to Sydney.
It can given the congestion in Melbourne perhaps? There are several of us with cars unloaded few weeks ago but no sign of delivery - just a moving EDD!

Oh wow, congrats! Guess they give priority to new orders, as mine was on walrus ace, and yet my EDD has been pushed out to Mar 9 -30th!

It can given the congestion in Melbourne perhaps? There are several of us with cars unloaded few weeks ago but no sign of delivery - just a moving EDD!

Oh wow, congrats! Guess they give priority to new orders, as mine was on walrus ace, and yet my EDD has been pushed out to Mar 9 -30th!
If anything, seems like what people have been saying is true. The order of ships coming in does not matter. The logistics company may have their own order in which they truck cars to the holding area and then to the DC. My car came in LA, which was earlier than WA, but I'm still waiting for the delivery scheduling SMS.

I reckon the Tesla store staff don't get told how the cars are coming, they just get told they're on their way. They've just made an assumption that they're coming by truck.
MY APP was showing 9 March to 26 March. Went to Tesla Store in Parramatta last Thursday 22/02 and made a big noise for delay. it worked and they booked me for delivery on 26/02 and received my car from Alexandria DC on 26/02

• Disagree
Reactions: meloccom and dronus
MY APP was showing 9 March to 26 March. Went to Tesla Store in Parramatta last Thursday 22/02 and made a big noise for delay. it worked and they booked me for delivery on 26/02 and received my car from Alexandria DC on 26/02
People like you are the reason why employees don’t like their job anymore. People just come in with a bunch of nonsense blaming employees that their car has a delay which they don’t have any control over. hope you enjoy your car

Reactions: Phezla and dronus
Mate I've been waiting 6 months since ordering and have had about 5 delays. It's been about 9 months since my initial test drive and inquiries. Not the Parramatta showroom floor staff's fault. Patience is a virtue.