Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I finally picked it up and I must say my disappointment is at an all time high.

It started at arriving at the delivery center. The staff were super welcoming and helpful and gave me plenty of tips in getting into the new car. After hearing of all the "earfuls" that the Tesla staff have been receiving I was expecting to have to do the same but no! How disappointing.

Next, I checked out the exterior and interior. The car was slightly dirty but had obvious signs of being cleaned and detailed prior to my arrival. I did not notice any paint errors, scratches, or panel gaps. I have heard so much of Teslas build quality and so again disappointed that I cannot enjoy any squeaks or rattles. The cabin is silent! So boring.

The car was at 95% charge. 10km odometer. Calibrated in about 25 minutes on the way home. I've already fitted out all the accessories to round out what could possibly be the most disappointing day of my life.

Lol.

It's a great car. I'll see myself out soon 🤣

Attachments

• orca-image-744596611.jpeg
    orca-image-744596611.jpeg
    467.3 KB · Views: 30
1709341063136.jpeg

Last week I bought the $41 Amazon front lip solution and install it. The installation is very easy. Just to be on the safe side, I used a small heat gun to warm (NOT to heat) the bumper and the glue strip for a minute of two. It holds well on both sides of the bumper, and I even left my Y on a cold California rainy night (usually the car is garaged). No problem, and it looks professional, don't you thing so?

Well, I finally picked it up and I must say my disappointment is at an all time high.

It started at arriving at the delivery center. The staff were super welcoming and helpful and gave me plenty of tips in getting into the new car. After hearing of all the "earfuls" that the Tesla staff have been receiving I was expecting to have to do the same but no! How disappointing.

Next, I checked out the exterior and interior. The car was slightly dirty but had obvious signs of being cleaned and detailed prior to my arrival. I did not notice any paint errors, scratches, or panel gaps. I have heard so much of Teslas build quality and so again disappointed that I cannot enjoy any squeaks or rattles. The cabin is silent! So boring.

The car was at 95% charge. 10km odometer. Calibrated in about 25 minutes on the way home. I've already fitted out all the accessories to round out what could possibly be the most disappointing day of my life.

Lol.

Glad to hear your experience was good and the car is rattle free. I live near M4 and M4 between Parramatta and Blacktown is a cow’s paddock. It feels like I am driving a 57 years old gogo mobile 😩.

Lol.

Awesome. Im going to miss hearing about your disappointment waiting for your car.
It made my boring life seem slightly less boring but now i guess its back to reality haha.

Reactions: Winnieblue

Lol.

Don't you just hate it when you have terrible experiences like this!!

Seriously though, I'm glad the saga is finally over for you.

Reactions: Winnieblue
Graphine coating, Xpel Prime XR Plus Ceramic Tinting and interior protection applied yesterday. Cost $2,200.
So I was just fishing around for quotes today for my yet to be delivered model y and remembered your post. Now that I have a quote your price to get all the above done seems awesome. I'm guessing graphine is a brand of ceramic coating? Xpel is the ppf? Was it just front ppf (bumper+bonnet?) or the whole car? Was the tint all 4 windows and rear glass as well, or roof too?
I got a quote of 3850-4250$ for front bumper+bonnet ppf, ceramic coating, and all 4 windows + rear glass tinted. Almost 1.5-2x yours!

So I was just fishing around for quotes today for my yet to be delivered model y and remembered your post. Now that I have a quote your price to get all the above done seems awesome. I'm guessing graphine is a brand of ceramic coating? Xpel is the ppf? Was it just front ppf (bumper+bonnet?) or the whole car? Was the tint all 4 windows and rear glass as well, or roof too?
I got a quote of 3850-4250$ for front bumper+bonnet ppf, ceramic coating, and all 4 windows + rear glass tinted. Almost 1.5-2x yours!
Graphine is more advanced and better product than ceramic coating. Xpel is a brand that provides ceramic tinting which is a lot better than legacy tinting technology. They do have ppf as well but after a lot of research and talking to people who have ppf I decided not to go with ppf.

Tinting included front and rear side windows, quarter windows and rear screen.

Tint Haus have a package ($3800) which covers full front ppf, ceramic coating rest of the car and full interior protection.

Reactions: jassi

Lol.

Congrats! Also picked up my GLOVIS / MC car today and my experience mirror yours. Overall very clean. One window had some minor marks which they happily cleaned. Build quality was excellent, no gaps or other issues! Have driven around here and there for about 50K today and no rattles or sounds are evident. Staff was friendly and helpful (Mulgrave DC).

Reactions: bsbh and Winnieblue