Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Graphine is more advanced and better product than ceramic coating. Xpel is a brand that provides ceramic tinting which is a lot better than legacy tinting technology. They do have ppf as well but after a lot of research and talking to people who have ppf I decided not to go with ppf.

Tinting included front and rear side windows, quarter windows and rear screen.

Tint Haus have a package ($3800) which covers full front ppf, ceramic coating rest of the car and full interior protection.
Aah nice thanks for the detail. I think the tinthaus package seems equivalent minus the inside protection.

Can you guide on reasons for no ppf. I'm looking for reasons to avoid it as it's quite pricey!

Btw how long did the work take on your MY? I was told it takes a week, not sure it's because of ppf!

Last edited:
IMG_3962.jpeg

I felt like the day would never come but finally picked up my MY today… big day getting down to Sydney to the delivery centre and driving back to Newcastle - trying to learn it all on the freeway- but what a car !!!!

Im so happy with it

View attachment 1023819

I felt like the day would never come but finally picked up my MY today… big day getting down to Sydney to the delivery centre and driving back to Newcastle - trying to learn it all on the freeway- but what a car !!!!

Im so happy with it
Really gorgeous in that full blackout with the rim covers. I have the same and they went straight on as well.

Reactions: jq371
Aah nice thanks for the detail. I think the tinthaus package seems equivalent minus the inside protection.

Can you guide on reasons for no ppf. I'm looking for reasons to avoid it as it's quite pricey!

Btw how long did the work take on your MY? I was told it takes a week, not sure it's because of ppf!
I left there in the morning and picked up 5pm same day.

They keep the car for 3 days if doing front end ppf as well.

PPF edges get loose with the time and dirt builds up around the edges. You normally have the ppf to protect car from stone chips. Someone showed me their car with brand new ppf after 200 kms on the highway. Even very small rocks cut through the ppf and did not protect as much as you think. The process of removing ppf to repair chips and reinstalling (new one) is expensive where without the ppf you get the stone chips repaired easily.

Apart from above, another reason was that I don’t normally keep the car for more than 12 months. Didn’t want to spend the extra money that would not increase the resale value.

Reactions: jassi
Just an update on my Model Y Perf delivery and EAP, I looked yesterday and noticed that I now have the bonus 6 months EAP added to my account along with the three months referral bonus as well. So my EAP trial now expires 22/11/24.

I have been using the lane change feature and that works pretty well the times that I used it. I'll have to look at the other features like summon and navigate on autopilot. I've got a longish trip planned for later on this year (if a sequence of events happens) and I'll be able to give it a good workout to see how it handles that.
I'm sceptical about autopark whether that'll work or not and I'll have to read up how to use it first.

I didn't have to hassle Tesla to get it added to the account it was all automatic, well done Tesla.

Just an update on my Model Y Perf delivery and EAP, I looked yesterday and noticed that I now have the bonus 6 months EAP added to my account along with the three months referral bonus as well. So my EAP trial now expires 22/11/24.

I have been using the lane change feature and that works pretty well the times that I used it. I'll have to look at the other features like summon and navigate on autopilot. I've got a longish trip planned for later on this year (if a sequence of events happens) and I'll be able to give it a good workout to see how it handles that.
I'm sceptical about autopark whether that'll work or not and I'll have to read up how to use it first.

I didn't have to hassle Tesla to get it added to the account it was all automatic, well done Tesla.
I used autopark yesterday. It worked pretty well - but I used it in an empty carpark to go back to a supercharger - only problem was it stopped a bit too early of the supercharger and the line couldn’t reach my car so I had to go in and manually reverse a bit further - but that cord was very short - I was right up against the rear wheel guard on the carpark

Reactions: bsbh and Teddy2
What’s the black wheel cover that you have, please? Keen to get one
The ones I got are only off eBay…

I just checked my listing and it says out of stock now but there are tonnes of the same ones in eBay under other listings by the look of it

• Love
Reactions: bsbh
I left there in the morning and picked up 5pm same day.

They keep the car for 3 days if doing front end ppf as well.

PPF edges get loose with the time and dirt builds up around the edges. You normally have the ppf to protect car from stone chips. Someone showed me their car with brand new ppf after 200 kms on the highway. Even very small rocks cut through the ppf and did not protect as much as you think. The process of removing ppf to repair chips and reinstalling (new one) is expensive where without the ppf you get the stone chips repaired easily.

Apart from above, another reason was that I don’t normally keep the car for more than 12 months. Didn’t want to spend the extra money that would not increase the resale value.
Thanks! Seems like there are obvious issues with ppf or maybe if it's not installed properly! I did feel a week seemed excessive as well, but maybe the installers I'm speaking to want to do a good job and take their time! I guess I'll just stick to ceramic paint, but first I gotta see what my NL provider even approves to be added to lease.

What’s the black wheel cover that you have, please? Keen to get one
I grossly overpaid for mine in ignorance of what they actually can cost online. Look on Amazon or eBay for 19" Gemini covers and pick the design you like most. Don't spend more than $200 I'd say. The turbine design is nice, but also the original Gemini in black looks excellent as do some of the other designs.

Alright guys it's time for me to bounce out of the waiting room after 6 months.
I went for a beautiful sunny Sunday drive with the family today. The full glass roof kept the little one very occupied and the wife absolutely loves the minimal and spacial interior. We had fun with all the modes and tested the Enhanced Autopilot for the first time. A bit freaky but some amazingly cool technology.

I read many times here that the wait will be worth it, and I'm here to say it totally is. You'll forget about the wait once you're behind the wheel and all you'll have is a big smile.

Also, rubber ducky lock sounds.

Thanks for the company.

Alright guys it's time for me to bounce out of the waiting room after 6 months.
I went for a beautiful sunny Sunday drive with the family today. The full glass roof kept the little one very occupied and the wife absolutely loves the minimal and spacial interior. We had fun with all the modes and tested the Enhanced Autopilot for the first time. A bit freaky but some amazingly cool technology.

I read many times here that the wait will be worth it, and I'm here to say it totally is. You'll forget about the wait once you're behind the wheel and all you'll have is a big smile.

Also, rubber ducky lock sounds.

Thanks for the company.
Glad to hear the happy ending!

Reactions: jq371
Anyone in Brisbane had deliveries scheduled from LA yet? Very quiet on my front. Still EDD 6-27th March for me and still no invoice after ordering 3 months ago. Tesla told me last week that the government PPSR system has been down so trade ins haven’t been able to be processed. Guess the backlog is being worked through.