Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was two days ago, when I questioned them, they texted me again today, "You're correct - Your car was received at our Melbourne facility 2 weeks ago and is now in transit to Brisbane by courier, we will update you once the car is nearby".

Does anyone else have the car unloaded in Melbourne?? I can understand they unloaded in Sydney, but Melbourne? Seriously? :rolleyes:
Probably better having it trucked up from Melbourne than go thru the VIN disappearing/ reassigning trauma we went thru :)

I picked up my ex-Glovis, Paganella MYRWD today. I arrived in Mulgrave at about 9.45am for my 10am appointment and they took me through to the warehouse within 5 minutes. The service attendant took me through the basics and then left me to it, she said I could sit there as long as I liked and told me to put my hazard lights on if I had a question. The car was charged to 98% and had about 15km on the odometer.

A very smooth experience in the end after all the delays!

I'm picking up my Model Y Long Range on Thursday next week but am having second thoughts in light of the news that the Model Y refresh, due later this year, will have a dramatically improved battery. This is the so called "M3P" battery from CATL. Have a look at the news posted 6 days ago on "The Electric Viking" YouTube channel here: Report confirms Tesla Model Y getting M3P battery with insane range & charging
They say that this will significantly reduce the resale value of current model Y vehicles. I guess it's not an issue if you're going to keep your car for a long time.

What do people think?
I just don't think I can wait another year!

I'm picking up my Model Y Long Range on Thursday next week but am having second thoughts in light of the news that the Model Y refresh, due later this year, will have a dramatically improved battery. This is the so called "M3P" battery from CATL. Have a look at the news posted 6 days ago on "The Electric Viking" YouTube channel here: Report confirms Tesla Model Y getting M3P battery with insane range & charging
They say that this will significantly reduce the resale value of current model Y vehicles. I guess it's not an issue if you're going to keep your car for a long time.

What do people think?
I just don't think I can wait another year!
The electric viking says a lot of things.

"The Electric Viking" YouTube channel here:
I like Sam, but unfortunately he states a lot of pure speculation as facts and particularly over the past year or so has been very slack with doing any research. As a result more than 90% of what he says is wrong.

He assured everyone that new batteries were coming to the Highland as well.

It MAY happen, but he's purely guessing, nothing more. I wouldn't make any decision based on anything that has been said in regards to what and when may be coming for the new Model Y.

Reactions: dronus
had about 15km on the odometer
My final invoice actually has the kms mentioned on it as 7kms. Should I assume it will be at 7kms when I receive it?
My VIN’s been gone for about 2 weeks now, does anyone else have this issue
Same here, but delivery day booked and have used the vin from final invoice to get insurance. They did tell me on phone its all good, and that app has a bug and hence won't display vin

My VIN’s been gone for about 2 weeks now, does anyone else have this issue
It seems to be a common thing as you get closer to delivery. Once you get your final invoice you'll see that it includes your VIN and engine number(s). I'm picking up my Model Y LR Thursday next week and my VIN has just reappeared in the app. It's been missing ever since they generated my first final invoice. I'm shocked to see today that my VIN has reappeared. I'm not sure when that happened because I had stopped looking for it.

Last edited:
Same. From 6-27/3 to 17/3-7/4 for me. Same for you?

Finally got my invoice yesterday at least. Part of me wishes not ordering a unicorn (myrwd/blue/white/19s) as it’s kind of annoying seeing people order last week and get a MY24 delivered in a week after waiting 4 months for an exGC MY23.
Yep, I had a chat with my friend last week, say I am getting a Tesla and she got so excited, she went to a test drive on Tuesday and placed order rwd/grey and pick up date is next week. Yet our delivery date has pushed again. Happy for my friend thought..

Same. From 6-27/3 to 17/3-7/4 for me. Same for you?

Finally got my invoice yesterday at least. Part of me wishes not ordering a unicorn (myrwd/blue/white/19s) as it’s kind of annoying seeing people order last week and get a MY24 delivered in a week after waiting 4 months for an exGC MY23.
Same here re: delivery date slipping. It was on LA but got unloaded in Melbourne and is being trucked to Brisbane. I think maybe we would have been better off not knowing anything about the logistics and getting a call when it's ready to pick up. I'd have at least half an hour back in every day.

Has anyone picked a Model Y that was built in 2024, does it still have the wood interior? I am wondering when Australia will get the HW4.0, refreshed interior version like China has.
Yes, still wood interior. I picked up my Model Y yesterday, with build date 15th January 2024. The China refresh isn't coming to Australia, as it's been available since September or October last year over there, but not here. Just different markets.

Also, from what i've read, still Model Y's made in China in Feb this year still have HW3.

Reactions: bsbh