Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Tesla Ceramic Coating, PPF, Tinting and other Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any first or second hand experience with Tinthaus?
Yes i've had three vehicles have full PPF/ceramic and tinting at Tinthaus including my Model Y and BMW M3 Competition. The guys are great and do excellent work.

My MY had XPL Stealth installed for the matt/satin look over the metallic silver, looks fantastic, with a ceramic over the top. Washing is extremely quick with a snow gun. Happy to field any questions and photo of my Y below.

From memory the life on their ceramic is 10 years.

Attachments

• IMG_3258.jpeg
    IMG_3258.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 122
Yes i've had three vehicles have full PPF/ceramic and tinting at Tinthaus including my Model Y and BMW M3 Competition. The guys are great and do excellent work.

My MY had XPL Stealth installed for the matt/satin look over the metallic silver, looks fantastic, with a ceramic over the top. Washing is extremely quick with a snow gun. Happy to field any questions and photo of my Y below.

From memory the life on their ceramic is 10 years.
What do you tell the insurance company about the PPF wrap? Does it affect premiums?

I’ve just gotten into the snow foam. Have done two washes so far and yes agree its an excellent lubricant. I then use the leaf blower to remove 80% of the water (falls off on the ceramic coating), spray on a mist of dryer, then towel off with microfibre, one wipe.
Ok all this talk about snow foam has made me impulse buy a snow gun. The problem was finding one compatible with my Ryobi pressure sprayer. Finally managed to find a MJJC Foam Cannon Pro V2 that had my Ryobi attachment. So my question is, are all these snow guns much of a muchness? I was also considering the Bowden’s Own one and the Meguiar’s but it was a bit more effort getting the correct adapters. Also, I spoke to Peter Bowden from Bowden’s Own regarding snow foam. In a nutshell, he says use Snow Job for snow foam and not Nanolicious which it seems some people are doing.

Ok all this talk about snow foam has made me impulse buy a snow gun. The problem was finding one compatible with my Ryobi pressure sprayer. Finally managed to find a MJJC Foam Cannon Pro V2 that had my Ryobi attachment. So my question is, are all these snow guns much of a muchness? I was also considering the Bowden’s Own one and the Meguiar’s but it was a bit more effort getting the correct adapters. Also, I spoke to Peter Bowden from Bowden’s Own regarding snow foam. In a nutshell, he says use Snow Job for snow foam and not Nanolicious which it seems some people are doing.
Having watched several reviews, i came to the conclusion that a decent quality gun are all about the same performance, however the foam makes a difference. My first foam is a good quality one from the store waxit, ph neutral. worked very well once I adjusted the snow gun.
But I suspect snow foam would be somewhat pointless without a ceramic coating as you need the product to flow.
SnowFoam Australia seem to have a lot of adaptors for their guns.

Reactions: Gior
Having watched several reviews, i came to the conclusion that a decent quality gun are all about the same performance, however the foam makes a difference. My first foam is a good quality one from the store waxit, ph neutral. worked very well once I adjusted the snow gun.
But I suspect snow foam would be somewhat pointless without a ceramic coating as you need the product to flow.
SnowFoam Australia seem to have a lot of adaptors for their guns.
I am looking at the Adam’s foams. In particular their Mega Foam and Graphene Shampoo. Pity they are out of stock of their 3.8L Graphene shampoo.

I am looking at the Adam’s foams. In particular their Mega Foam and Graphene Shampoo. Pity they are out of stock of their 3.8L Graphene shampoo.
I’m currently using the NV Snow. It creates very thick foam. The more alkaline NV snow+ doesnt produce a lot of foam and doesnt seem to be more effective then the normal NV Snow. For shampoo I use the Gtech ceramic wash. Only use a very small amount so small bottle.
I think water quality also impacts effectiveness of foam. My low grade adelaide water is filtered and softened with the latter definately making a difference.

I’m currently using the NV Snow. It creates very thick foam. The more alkaline NV snow+ doesnt produce a lot of foam and doesnt seem to be more effective then the normal NV Snow. For shampoo I use the Gtech ceramic wash. Only use a very small amount so small bottle.
I think water quality also impacts effectiveness of foam. My low grade adelaide water is filtered and softened with the latter definately making a difference.
So you are using a 2 part system? Foam as the pre wash and Shampoo for the wash? I’m trying to be lazy and just get a 1 part all in one system. The Graphene shampoo seems to do this.

So you are using a 2 part system? Foam as the pre wash and Shampoo for the wash? I’m trying to be lazy and just get a 1 part all in one system. The Graphene shampoo seems to do this.
Both. If the car isnt too dirty snow is fine with a mit on the dirty parts after a few minutes. If the car is really bad I snow, then do a proper wash with mit and shampoo

Reactions: meloccom
I bought Polar wash by mistake once, and whilst it works in the foam gun the foam is thinner and doesn’t adhere as well.
From the YouTube vids I think the Polar Wash is meant to be the 2nd part of the wash process. You Polar Blast first and then do a 2 bucket wash with the Polar Wash. I’m just trying to find the easiest touch free wash that can double up as a hand wash if needed. I read that Polar Blast, Snow Job, etc aren’t really designed for hand washing. I think Adam’s Mega Foam falls into that same category too. That’s why I’m looking into their Graphene shampoo.