Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto headlights turning on in bright daylight.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does it matter that your headlights are on during the day? They are LED so they will last a very long time and use very little energy. In Canada i believe one is required to drive with their lights on always, day or night. My wife would manually turn her headlights on just cuz she thought it made her safer. Only problem with that was it caused many tiny dash bulbs to prematurely burn out on her 2007 Honda; which was a pain to change. Given Tesla only has one lit object on its dash, i don’t see that as a huge issue to be concerned with.

Mine may turn on when they should otherwise not be on, but I’ve never noticed or paid attention to it.

I also noticed this recently. Headlights are on during the day quite often. Only noticed because I switched my display to "night node" full time and you can see them on via the display making them more obvious. Assume they will tweak w/ software updates, not a big deal IMHO.

Tim

I’m having this same phenomenon too but honestly I’d rather have my lights on constantly AND not make me go into the settings to turn them off when I get out. The car is smart enough to bring up my work directions when I leave the house but not turn off the headlights? Yes I know after so long they will but it still dings like crazy.

I usually turn them on just so the morons can see me better. Lots of morons here in Vegas, we usually call them tourists though

• Funny
Reactions: TBrownTX
I’m having this same phenomenon too but honestly I’d rather have my lights on constantly AND not make me go into the settings to turn them off when I get out. The car is smart enough to bring up my work directions when I leave the house but not turn off the headlights? Yes I know after so long they will but it still dings like crazy.

I usually turn them on just so the morons can see me better. Lots of morons here in Vegas, we usually call them tourists though
If not for those "morons" there would be no Las Vegas. Love it or leave it.

Reactions: E90alex
Well I have an update and I’m quite honestly stunned. Tesla apparently performed a remote check and concluded there was nothing wrong with my headlights due to nothing in the error logs. They therefore suggested that as a ‘fix’ I should simply use the manual option and stop using ‘auto’ for my headlights. Seriously? That’s appalling. “Sorry your car doesn’t work as intended. Just stop using the thing that doesn’t work”.

I’ve used Tesla service twice now. Once to realign my headlights which were far too high from factory. Their solution was to point them at the ground so I couldn’t see more than 5ft in front of me (I ended up adjusting them myself. And now on this occasion they basically tell me to accept a fault and live with it.

Great impressions for a first time Tesla owner.

Well I have an update and I’m quite honestly stunned. Tesla apparently performed a remote check and concluded there was nothing wrong with my headlights due to nothing in the error logs. They therefore suggested that as a ‘fix’ I should simply use the manual option and stop using ‘auto’ for my headlights. Seriously? That’s appalling. “Sorry your car doesn’t work as intended. Just stop using the thing that doesn’t work”.

I’ve used Tesla service twice now. Once to realign my headlights which were far too high from factory. Their solution was to point them at the ground so I couldn’t see more than 5ft in front of me (I ended up adjusting them myself. And now on this occasion they basically tell me to accept a fault and live with it.

Great impressions for a first time Tesla owner.
It's almost as if they're saying "Bugger off, we have REAL problems to fix here."