Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-Lane Change unavailable in 2019.16.3.2 a19d0e4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

I just got a new Model 3 a week ago and paid for the full self-drive and autopilot. I am unable to see the options and successfully execute the auto-lane change as it's stated in the manual. Am I on a software version that doesn't have that or is there something up with my install?

Can I get the latest firmware by going into a service center?

thanks!
ash

...Am I on a software version that doesn't have that...

No. As @mcorf stated, your 2019.16.3.2 is fin for what you are looking for: Auto Lane Change.

Did you go to your car's display and click on Autopilot menu?

You should see sliders to turn on / turn off for:

1) Autosteer
2) Navigate on Autopilot
3) Summon

If you don't see those 3 sliders, please call Tesla to see if they can activate them over-the-air.

If not, you'll need to bring it in to a Service Center.

Good luck!

Hi all

I just got a new Model 3 a week ago and paid for the full self-drive and autopilot. I am unable to see the options and successfully execute the auto-lane change as it's stated in the manual. Am I on a software version that doesn't have that or is there something up with my install?

Can I get the latest firmware by going into a service center?

thanks!
ash

If you were to give a little more information on what you are expecting to occur and what the car is actually doing, it may be helpful to get better responses.

No. As @mcorf stated, your 2019.16.3.2 is fin for what you are looking for: Auto Lane Change.

Did you go to your car's...

Tam, thank you. Attached is the image I see on my menu. The autopilot works, with the lanes turning blue and car auto steers. But I dont have navigate on autopilot as an option. And when I hold down the lane change signal, nothing happens.

Customer support suggested a soft reset and a power cycle of the car. I'm traveling so I'll do that once am home.

Thanks again!

Tam, thank you. Attached is the image I see on my menu. The autopilot works, with the lanes turning blue and car auto steers. But I dont have navigate on autopilot as an option. And when I hold down the lane change signal, nothing happens.

Customer support suggested a soft reset and a power cycle of the car. I'm traveling so I'll do that once am home.

Thanks again!
Your attachment didn't come through

Your attachment didn't come through
Oops - good looking out. I have fixed it here.

Did you go to your car's display and click on Autopilot menu?

Here's the photo again. I don't see any of those options.

If you were to give a little more information on what you are expecting to occur and what the car is actually doing, it may be helpful to get better responses.

My father-in-law's model 3 executes automated lane changes and passes slow cars in front of it automatically when it's in full auto on the freeway. I can engage adaptive cruise with one click down and autopilot with a double click down on the right stalk. From watching him, I expect that when I signal left, and the left lane is open, etc. that the car will automatically lane change to the left and continue going on autopilot. Right now, I have to disengage auto pilot, by clicking up on the stalk, change lanes myself, and then re-engage it. I hope that helps. Furthermore, I don't see any options for summon,, or auto park etc.

Attachments

• autopilot.jpg
    autopilot.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 102
They had to enable FSD on my new Raven Model S - took a week after delivery. I'm still waiting on Ludicrous!

How did you enable the FSD? Tesla support suggested a soft reset (using the steering wheel scroll wheels) and a car power cycle. This changed nothing, shockingly :-|

I thought it was a calibration thing but at this point I have nearly 250 miles driven so that can't be it.

...Here's the photo again. I don't see any of those options...

No. I agree that you don't have FSD for your car even you already paid it.

Please call Tesla up to see if they can remedy the situation over-the-air.

If they can't, you need to go Service Center so they can install those missing on/off sliders #2 NoA & #3 Summon on your car's Autopilot menu.

This is not a software bug. Your software is fine. It's a problem of crediting your FSD.

Good luck!

No. I agree that you don't have FSD for your car even you already paid it.

Please call Tesla up to see if they can remedy the situation over-the-air.

Thank you so much -- this is a dumb question but what's the phone number to talk to an actual human? I keep getting automated options to go on the site, etc...and the 'chat' bubble on the support page is disabled at this exact moment.

Thank you so much -- this is a dumb question but what's the phone number to talk to an actual human? I keep getting automated options to go on the site, etc...and the 'chat' bubble on the support page is disabled at this exact moment.

Looks like you have tried the generic number (877) 798-3752 that you couldn't get through the robot system.

You can try San Francisco Service Center (415) 268-9487

San Rafael (415) 456-6288

Burlingame (650) 342-1176...

Your Autopilot works fine so you don't need re-calibration once they install FSD features in your car.

It works right away after:

1) over-the-air by generic number or
2) over-the-air by Service Center or
3) physcially bringing it in to Service Center

Good luck!

Looks like you have tried the generic number

You are exceptionally helpful...it has been a nightmare getting a hold of an actual human. Those numbers also kick me over to robots. I spent 30 minutes on hold on the service line and still nothing. So I called sales and right away, a person answered. She looked into it and their solution is to bring it in. I asked to see if they can fix it over the air but I'm not hopeful at this point.

For as fantastic as the car is, the support really leaves a lot of things to be desired.

... I asked to see if they can fix it over the air ...

At this point, I would now go ahead and use the app or account page to schedule an appointment.

You can see which one around you has an earliest appointment and write down the issue: Paid for FSD but never got FSD: Please activate FSD.

Service Center will call you up if they offer over-the-air activation (way before your appointment. )

At this point, I would now go ahead and use the app or account page to schedule an appointment.

You can see which one around you has an earliest appointment and write down the issue: Paid for FSD but never got FSD: Please activate FSD.

Service Center will call you up if they offer over-the-air activation (way before your appointment. )

At this point, I'm wondering if you work for Tesla...cuz that's pretty much exactly what happened. I made an appt and ~3 hours later, I got an email saying they can fix this OTA and that they're cancelling the appt. I checked my phone app and see Summon as an added function, so clearly it went through. I've yet to get in the car as I'm traveling but I suspect it's fixed.

Hurray for finally getting what I paid for! Again - many thanks!

Stay connected to these forums, because not only will you get the advice you need, but you will be getting it from people who have been there. In addition you will learn how to get the most enjoyment out of your car. For me, that enjoyment has grown a lot since getting my car a year ago, in part from just learning about my car, here.

Stay connected to these forums, because not only will you get the advice you need, but you will be getting it from people who have been there. In addition you will learn how to get the most enjoyment out of your car. For me, that enjoyment has grown a lot since getting my car a year ago, in part from just learning about my car, here.
I agree 100%. This thread alone demonstrates the active support from the wonderful community. Plus, it gives me an outlet to nerd out on and not have to keep harassing my friends/family about it :)