Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Lane Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Manual: Auto Lane Change > "Model 3 does not detect a vehicle in its blind spot, or a vehicle or obstacle up to the center of the target lane". If true, it would mean that auto lane change is dangerous. Please correct my interpretation or explain given this limitation, how this feature would work. Thank you!

Manual: Auto Lane Change > "Model 3 does not detect a vehicle in its blind spot, or a vehicle or obstacle up to the center of the target lane". If true, it would mean that auto lane change is dangerous. Please correct my interpretation or explain given this limitation, how this feature would work. Thank you!
"Model 3 moves into the adjacent lane in the direction indicated by the turn signal, provided the following conditions are met:
  • [four other conditions]
  • Model 3 does not detect a vehicle in its blind spot, or a vehicle or obstacle up to the center of the target lane."

"Model 3 moves into the adjacent lane in the direction indicated by the turn signal, provided the following conditions are met:
  • [four other conditions]
  • Model 3 does not detect a vehicle in its blind spot, or a vehicle or obstacle up to the center of the target lane."
I think the OP is reading the phrase “Model 3 does not detect …” as a statement of fact, rather than a condition to be (negatively) detected before lane change is permitted.