Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto lights are awful on the interstate.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's bad enough I get flashed from cars/semis on the other side of the road all the time and I know it has to annoy people out in front of me in their mirrors. Can't find any way around it when using autopilot so sometimes I just turn it off and drive. Is mine just special or is this how they all are? I know it wants the high beams so the autopilot can see better but I don't like annoying people constantly.

It's bad enough I get flashed from cars/semis on the other side of the road all the time and I know it has to annoy people out in front of me in their mirrors. Can't find any way around it when using autopilot so sometimes I just turn it off and drive. Is mine just special or is this how they all are? I know it wants the high beams so the autopilot can see better but I don't like annoying people constantly.
Maybe your lights are not adjusted correctly. I've never been flashed by anyone. And, when I'm behind someone at a stoplight, I can clearly see that my headlights do not shine into their car.

Reactions: rpiotro
Maybe your lights are not adjusted correctly. I've never been flashed by anyone. And, when I'm behind someone at a stoplight, I can clearly see that my headlights do not shine into their car.
From behind I am talking more when there is a car 1/8th-1/4 mile out in front of me. I know I hate when people have their brights on behind me as its super bright in the mirrors.

As far as opposite side on the interstate it's always wanting brights on and in turns and stuff when someone is kind of far off they will be bright them flash to dim.

It also goes bright/dim way too often and makes people think you are flashing at them. Maybe they need adjusted I don't know. But If i can just click forward for dims I will do that as soon as i engage autopilot and dim/bright as I want them instead of the car randomly trying to decide.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
From behind I am talking more when there is a car 1/8th-1/4 mile out in front of me. I know I hate when people have their brights on behind me as its super bright in the mirrors.

As far as opposite side on the interstate it's always wanting brights on and in turns and stuff when someone is kind of far off they will be bright them flash to dim.

It also goes bright/dim way too often and makes people think you are flashing at them. Maybe they need adjusted I don't know. But If i can just click forward for dims I will do that as soon as i engage autopilot and dim/bright as I want them instead of the car randomly trying to decide.
There is a headlight adjustment in the Service menu. I adjusted mine to point a bit lower after getting flashed myself, and with a later software version (.40.x) I've had no problems. Yes it changes more than a human would, but now it's precise and fast. Didn't used to be.