Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot reminder every 15 seconds??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not recommend this position, you should keep both hands on the steering wheel at 10 am and 2 pm
because you need to react fast in case the car makes a sudden jolt in a wrong direction.

5 Tesla Accidents in Same Location in Yosemite

View attachment 999716
Absolutely, whatever position works for you, just be aware you need to be applying slight torque to avoid nags. Many times with 10 and 2, the weight of your hands is balanced and not providing torque.

Absolutely, whatever position works for you, just be aware you need to be applying slight torque to avoid nags. Many times with 10 and 2, the weight of your hands is balanced and not providing torque.
Um. Late last year I was driving the M3 from NJ to FL and back, I-95 all the way. The driver nag software was in a bit of a flux at that time, probably because Tesla was trying to flush out people using weights and such, so even doing one-handed driving (left or right) would fail after 50 miles or so, where enough torque, even with switching hands back and forth, wasn't enough to make the nag go away, resulting in inadvertent overrides.

It also bugged me that I was even doing one-handed driving. It wasn't just that Drivers' Ed was adamant that one keep both hands on the wheel, and I was one of those people who always did that pre-Tesla, it was that I was driving FSD-b. Which, as all you FSD-b types know, has a minor habit of going insane from time to time, more so back then than now, of course. And a little less time to react in the presence of insanity is better than more time.

So, came up with an idea, tried it, and it seems to work. Two hands on the, one on each side. Balanced, yeah, so there's no torque.

When in FSD/Autopilot:

On one breath, lightly lean the wheel to the left. On the next breath, lightly lean the wheel to the right. Make It A Habit. That means thinking about it for a half hour or so, then thinking less about it, and so on, to the point where one isn't thinking about it at all.

This definitely keeps the nags away and keeps both hands on the wheel.

And, no, when not in some form of Autopilot, I don't swerve back and forth when driving down the road.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394 and Dewg