Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Open Passenger Doors with c528869

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope I didn't make a mistake - but I just got the new 2017.28 c528869 update last night. I noticed that if I double tap my keyfob - the front driver door opens. Another double tap opens the passenger door!

This was the one pet peeve I had with my X - I couldn't open the passenger door, only the falcon doors from the keyfob. That apparently has been solved.

Another alternative is that this feature was always there, and I just discovered it today, which if true, then I apologize for attributing it to this new release!
Vic

Reactions: hiroshiy
Hm, I think this appeared at some point, since I recall a post where there were complaints about not being able to open the passenger door from the Fob (as OP mentions). Of course, this sort of thing isn't well documented.... Anyone know when it did appear? It can't have been there all along! :D

Powered front doors are part of the PUP option. Your front doors are not powered.

Note that the PUP description at Order a Model X refers to a "self presenting front door". It should say "doors".
That's not correct. They are powered.

Pressing the door handles make the front doors fully open, you can open/close all doors from the touchscreen, and close all doors with a triple click on the fob. If you get in and press the brake, the drivers door closes. I haven't heard about this two click feature. I will have to check to see if it works, but I think I would have discovered it by now.

Edit: Double click doesn't do anything for me. Non-PUP with 2017.28 c528869.

Last edited:
Reactions: JHWJR
I want to try this also.....its been aggravating to be able to open all doors except the front passenger side. I have the PUP and have wondered why I can open and close the door with the screen, can close it with the fob, but couldnt open it unless I pushed the door handle.

This is obviously a "First World" problem :), but I sure noticed it when I was given a non-Tesla ICE loaner and kept pressing the brake expecting my drivers door to close. Im so used to telling my passengers "Dont touch the doors....they are automatic!"

Powered front doors are part of the PUP option. Your front doors are not powered.

Note that the PUP description at Order a Model X refers to a "self presenting front door". It should say "doors".
Hm... it's also not in the 'hard copy' PDF manual. It refers to the second double-click as unlocking everything. Somewhere this was extended in PUP's to opening the passenger door, an excellent addition/option. Is this configurable in Settings as to whether it will do 'global unlock' or 'passenger'? The auto-present part is, of course.

Got excited when I read this.....but.......still have to enable auto-present for this to work. I have this disabled because the door opening every time I walk by the car is quite annoying. Still the fact that even with this disabled, the car turns on when I walk by. Really wish I I could shut all the auto stuff off and still use the fob to open each door. Easy software fix....hoping to see this in a future update.

Reactions: Cowby
Got excited when I read this.....but.......still have to enable auto-present for this to work. I have this disabled because the door opening every time I walk by the car is quite annoying. Still the fact that even with this disabled, the car turns on when I walk by. Really wish I I could shut all the auto stuff off and still use the fob to open each door. Easy software fix....hoping to see this in a future update.

Doesn't turning off auto present defeat the purpose of buying PUP?

Doesn't turning off auto present defeat the purpose of buying PUP?
Yes, no, maybe. There are still other stuff in PUP... I have requested that they decouple automatic front doors with auto present, but nothing has been done for months (ever since auto passenger door came out).

I've also requested that they make a geofence option for "keep car unlocked at this location", yet nothing has been done. I don't think both requests are out of the line but it would make a much better experience.

Reactions: Cowby