Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Pilot Borked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in the two months of ownership of my P100D I have had the navigation screen freeze three times. I get back in the car after a drive and the map never leaves my last position. Tesla has had me pull over and stop so they can remotely send a reset. Power off and other resets/reboots won’t work. Third time happened yesterday and they reset after I parked back home. This am, neither cruise nor AP are available anymore. No lane lines show up on any road that I have driven a hundred times and the icons never show up up. If I pull the stalk I get a Cruise Not Available message. They had me pull over and do the full power off and no joy. Anyone else see something like this?

I've had those symptoms only twice when owning AP2.0 for 14 months. Each time it self remedied after parking or resetting the center display.

Yours sounds more recurring and might be indicative of a failing AP ECU.

I had that problem occur 3 times in my first month of ownership. So on the 3rd time it happened, I called my SC during a trip and they logged on to my car and 10 minutes later my GPS antenna was working again and I haven't had any issues ever since.

Your problem seems worst than mine. Maybe a visit to SC for further investigations should be in order?

This didn't happen to me but my friend has an x with that issue. His x was delivered dec 2016 and his GPS location was not updating, stuck at Fremont CA even though we are in Ontario Canada. His AP 2 wasn't working either. He took it to the service centre and they fixed it after swapping some part.