Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Pilot - Cruise Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I liked the 2.4.251 TACC way better than my current 2.5.21 TACC. Its now less smooth and also has the very annoying 1sec hold when stopped. in 2.4.251 it lasted quite a while 1 minute? Before it went into hold. In stop and go traffic the TACC was awesome and now is annoying.

I liked the 2.4.251 TACC way better than my current 2.5.21 TACC. Its now less smooth and also has the very annoying 1sec hold when stopped. in 2.4.251 it lasted quite a while 1 minute? Before it went into hold. In stop and go traffic the TACC was awesome and now is annoying.

The two holds are either 5 seconds or 30 seconds. It switches to the longer hold when the speed limit detected is 55mph or faster. I don't think it changed between 2.4.251 and 2.5.21

I received 2.5.36 yesterday. Soon after install I drove with TACC in heavy traffic, along a normal route that I follow at peak times fairly often. This time there was zero jerkiness when vehicles changed lanes 5-6 car lengths ahead (10-15 seconds), stops and resumes were very smooth, better than they earlier were (they have been steadily getting better in stops and starts). This is a first impression so I do not want to leap to any conclusion. Still, I am optimistic that this is a significant improvement. Funny that this happened on August 15, isn't it?:cool: