Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Wipers Improved with V.11?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dare I say it? I just took my MY out for a drive in the rain with the wipers in "Auto" and I did not have to press the stalk or change the setting once!! I don't think it was perfect, but I could live with it. Anyone else tested wipers in Auto with V.11. How about auto high beams?

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
I drove out to get Christmas Eve dinner last night not knowing I got a huge update. Everything is at the wrong place. It was raining (very rare here in SoCal) and I don't find the auto wiper improved much. I had to use the manual wipe a few times. I think it is the same as before.

Reactions: impastu
They have also worked flawlessly for me (August delivery 3 LR). I haven't changed the setting since I got the car and only have had to press the stalk a few times in very light mist. Speculation - it might depend on how clean your windshield is, whether you have picked up any oils or gotten wax on it to make water bead up in front of the camera.

Reactions: Dandesy
Still complete garbage here in the Northeast US. But they did add one feature. When you wash the road salt off your windshield, the wiper keeps wiping too many times (more than just the two extra wipes from before), and instantly causes the windscreen to streak and need to be washed again.

They need to end this experiment already and offer us new camera housings with rain sensors.

Wipers turn on too often for my personal preference. The slowest manual setting is to fast for me. Tesla should add an even slower setting and have ability to tune auto for personal preference. Auto prefer slow for example.