Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto wipers swipe @ every streetlight...Cannot use Autopilot at night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot use my autopilot at night BECAUSE the auto wipers swipe at every streetlight on the expressway. This is way more than an annoyance, and is unacceptable. It has done it since purchase in Dec 2021, and it's a 2022 MYLR. Mentioning this to the service center, I was told "That sounds like a software issue" and I should wait for an update. That was last year.
It wouldn't be so bad if I could turn off the wipers when using autopilot, but that is not an option as it turns it back on when set.
I'm asking if anyone else is having this issue and what was done to correct it. Yes, the glass is spotless.
TIA.

After weeks of pontificating I bought the S3XY Buttons. I can confirm that this does indeed fix the problem, mostly. Under some rare circumstances the wipers do still evade the wizardry of the S3XY Buttons Commander unit, but that's very much the exception.

It's annoying to have to use a third party gadget to fix a software problem, but there are a bunch of other nice features too, like charge port unlocking by half-opening the rear left door handle. No buyer's remorse here.
I'm seriously considering ordering a set of the buttons. Did they solve the wiper problem for you at night or when using autosteer or both? I was so bummed when I took my new MYLR out at night for the first time. I got some phantom braking as well as the wipers coming on a lot with autosteer (and a couple ties without autosteer). I'm worried about the dry dust factor of the wipers activating on their own without washer fluid and scratching the hell out of the windshield over time. That alone is worth the button puchase if it really solves the problem. Are you still thinking it is a good solution a couple months after your previous post above? Thanks for any additional insight.

Upvote 0