Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross- SCCA EV-X Class vs. SS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excuse my ignorance, I just did a Autocross test day and loved it.
My car already has square all round 285, coilovers, adjustable front control arms , rear camber and toe arms. Just about to install track module. What class will I be running in, can't quit work it out.

Excuse my ignorance, I just did a Autocross test day and loved it.
My car already has square all round 285, coilovers, adjustable front control arms , rear camber and toe arms. Just about to install track module. What class will I be running in, can't quit work it out.

So this is the problem with EVX, that camber and toe arm put you in SM basically. Though really you can just run EVX and no one would care.

If anyone is interested, I have the unplugged Race bars, front was used for two events and rear is brand new. 🤓

I'll take em. That'll be a decent compromise for what we're doing.

So this is the problem with EVX, that camber and toe arm put you in SM basically. Though really you can just run EVX and no one would care.

I'll take em. That'll be a decent compromise for what we're doing.
Technically, the rule about not modifying both upper/lower arms is under camber kits and says nothing about toe arms. But maybe someone should write to SEB and make those explicitly allowed.

Just thought I'd follow up for anyone who is interested. Wheels and tires all mounted and good now.

To recap, 19"x9.5"+35 Konig Ampliforms, with 275/35/19 BFG Rival S 1.5. Pictures of tire hitting knuckle:

View attachment 855106View attachment 855107
Now mounted with 5mm wheel spacers:

View attachment 855113

End result. MPP FUCA with -3 deg camber in front, and MPP Rear Camber Arms with -2 deg camber rear. First track day this weekend, then hopefully first autocross a week later!!:

View attachment 855115View attachment 855117View attachment 855119View attachment 855121View attachment 855123
So, the plot thickens. Did my track day last weekend - very fun, all good. Then yesterday (4 days later) I lost traction control, ABS, cruise control, regen... So this happened:

damaged speed sensor wire.jpg

cable ties other side.jpg

Installed new speed sensor, with belt and suspenders and suspenders:

new speed sensor.jpg

Added a 3mm spacer to the 5mm, to yield 8mm of spacer:

clearance with 8mm spacers.jpg

Hope I'm good now! Autocross on Saturday...

Seems odd based on past experience that everyone has posted on this forum. Can anyone explain this?
Like I mentioned before, the rivals are wider than other 275 tires.
I've seen the upright rubbing like you have too though, like I also mentioned before. It's trivial to keep the ABS wire out of the way of this though. If you can live with a bit of tire rub at high loads, you can probably run just your 3mm spacer to make up for the wider tire.

How

Crap. You're probably right.

So it looks like the +25 offset Ampliforms would be a perfect fit for me, vs. the +35 that I'm working to make fit now. Seems odd based on past experience that everyone has posted on this forum. Can anyone explain this?
TBH, I don't think you need that much clearance between the knuckle and the tire. Go back to 5mm spacer and move the zip-tie either above the rub point, or below.