Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoDon'tPark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've finally cleared out the garage enough to try autopark and summon. Got homelink set up - great!

But the car won't park itself in the garage.

The driveway is on a slope, up to the garage - I've seen reference to that confusing the sensors, like it can't see the ground in front of it, maybe.

I tried both forwards and reverse, neither works.

This morning, I sat in the car, double-tapped park, told it to park reverse (garage door was already open, way was clear), and exited the car. I closed the door, and after about two seconds the car beeped and said "Autopark cancelled" on the dash with a yellow exclamation icon. No explanation, though.

I turned the car around, to try going forwards - and now double-pressing park to autopark doesn't work at all!

It puts the car in park, but no longer asks about autopark (no "which direction" window pops up).

I get that maybe the incline is throwing off the sensors, but now the dialog window isn't even coming up.

I double-checked that the Summon settings are still set correctly (continuous press disabled, autopark enabled).

I've had luck parallel and perpendicular parking - but can't seem to get the car to just drive 12 feet into the garage by itself.

Would really appreciate any thoughts - thank you!

Summon technically isn't supposed to work on a slope at all or over a 'bump' to the garage of over an inch. Which is nuts, since probably over half of all garages have driveways with a slope! Having said that, I've see YouTube posts where it does do this, so it just may be how sloped, how large the bump, etc.

Just for the heck of it, tried rebooting the MCU?

upload_2017-10-1_15-35-19.png

Similar situation with sloping driveway onto garage. What I do is get it up till and maybe even a little into the garage over the entry bump. Summon then works fine. Doesn't always stop itself well. 2 out of last 7 times I used it, it almost would have hit the rail on the stairs into house (inside the garage). Partly cause of the momentum when it pulls the back wheels (or front wheels if backing in) over the bump.

@redy: Ah - yeah, I was wondering about that - if I got it started, would it finish the job. I'll try that tonight.

@boaterva: Doh. I missed that (obviously). Thanks for the pointer. Yes, I did try rebooting this morning - and now double-press park brings up the autopark dialog. Thanks for that one - wasn't aware of that trick. (I think you had responded to one of my other questions with that suggestion - thanks as well for all the help!)