Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic car wash is safe on the 22" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK I know but it's a lease so I'm not going to hand wash this huge SUV everyday after a rain shower. I decided to try the automated car wash to see what they use to protect the front side of the wheels. There's a rubber guard on the side of the track so I decided I'd try it. Came out no scratches on the lip of the 22s and inside lip looked good from what I could see bending over. I got the unlimited wash plan to keep to black beauty clean. Swirl marks won't bother me as it is a lease...Gotta keep telling myself that.

Attachments

• IMG_20170214_105133.jpg
    IMG_20170214_105133.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20170214_105358.jpg
    IMG_20170214_105358.jpg
    685.1 KB · Views: 122
I have 3 black cars. It takes me an hour each car to wash by hand and clean the interior. 2 are leases, and 1 I own. The 1 I own get pampered whiles the 2 others go through the tunnel. Can't beat $36 for the unlimited wash and vacuum. I told the cashier I will be there every day. I was worried about the wheels, but I didn't see any scratches, so yay!

I had a Model S P85 for 3.5 years. A black one. I only hand washed it and it was a pain as I washed and washed it. In fact, in 25 years of owning cars, I've only had black cars as I think they look the best clean. But when I bought my Model X back in August I decided to go with white and really happy with the decision. I would have NEVER thought about going through an automatic carwash with my black Tesla. But I go all the time now with the white one and it's perfectly fine. You can't see any swirl marks at all.

It's funny the first time I went through the car wash (attended) with the X as the guys never saw a Model X before so they were asking about it. Doesn't seem like many people with Tesla's go through carwashes. LOL.