Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Climate Control Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I admit I'm jealous my wife gets to drive the Model X daily and I live vicariously through the app. I occasionally try to be kind by turning on her climate control to cool the cabin down before I know she's leaving work. I will turn it back off after it's cooled down instead of leaving it run. She just mentioned to me that when I do that her air is off when she gets in the car, ie. she has to go to the climate settings and turn everything back on.

Just wondering if anyone else runs into this scenario or whether you can check if this is similar behavior on your vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

I admit I'm jealous my wife gets to drive the Model X daily and I live vicariously through the app. I occasionally try to be kind by turning on her climate control to cool the cabin down before I know she's leaving work. I will turn it back off after it's cooled down instead of leaving it run. She just mentioned to me that when I do that her air is off when she gets in the car, ie. she has to go to the climate settings and turn everything back on.
Just wondering if anyone else runs into this scenario or whether you can check if this is similar behavior on your vehicle.
Thanks in advance.

Yup. If you turn it off from the app, it is hard off. I think it even disables cabin overheat. To avoid that, don’t ever turn it off using the app. Only turn it on. Once the car is cooled down, it consumes very little energy, so not much Is gained by turning it off.

They used to have a Smart Preconditioning Cabin feature where you could schedule your car to turn on the climate control before you got in your car if you had a set schedule. I don't have a regular work schedule so I never used it. But it seems that app has disappeared. I don't know if it's been moved to another location or just dropped all together. I can't find it on my car or phone app any longer.