Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automation lost my order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3/31/16 Reservation
5/24/18 AWD order
6/26/18 Changed to Performance
7/24/18 Changed to Performance with upgrade package
8/6/18 Assigned a VIN

Then nothing. Weekly email request just tell me to wait for MVPA.

Today I call and ask what's the hold up. About an hour later I was told during the switch to automating the MVPA process the VIN was removed from my account...thus the car went to someone else. I now have to get back in line for a VIN and production.

Really crappy. My CU rate will likely not last another full month.

Very annoyed.

Updating for those who might find themselves in a similar situation.

Emailed on 8/27/18 to verify my VIN wasn't lost over the weekend (because...hey it's the weekend) and the status of the MVPA.

Finally emailed a MVPA in the afternoon as well as the ability to pay an additional downpayment was present on the website.

The VIN is now 5YJ3E1EB1JF0555XX previously I was assigned 5YJ3E1EB1JF0562XX.

An older VIN in theory but I know cars are often not made sequentially. That said I've read rumors of buyers not being able to get financed and having the car removed from their account. Maybe this is one of those?

I sent the MVPA to my credit union and will hopefully hear back from them today.

3/31/16 Reservation
5/24/18 AWD order
6/26/18 Changed to Performance
7/24/18 Changed to Performance with upgrade package
8/6/18 Assigned a VIN

Then nothing. Weekly email request just tell me to wait for MVPA.

Today I call and ask what's the hold up. About an hour later I was told during the switch to automating the MVPA process the VIN was removed from my account...thus the car went to someone else. I now have to get back in line for a VIN and production.

Really crappy. My CU rate will likely not last another full month.

Very annoyed.
Wow. At least you found out what the source of the total SNAFU was. That's flatly unacceptable but at least they *told* you what was going on (and it does make sense).

Back in February 2017 we bought a X. This transaction for my 3 is nothing like the X. This one is far worse.

My IDA was in contact with my credit union. The IDA knew the check was arriving on Friday. It arrived. No communication from them. My emails are not getting returned. I'm betting it will just sit until Tuesday as Monday is a holiday.

Fully paid for car. No idea where it is.

Not making excuses for Tesla, as they really do need to gain some maturity on the admin side if they're going to take it to the next level as a car company. But if I lived in Texas I would be literally screaming at my state legislative representatives over the complete mess the protectionist policies in the state are making of the Tesla buying experience there.

It shouldn't have to be so hard for someone to buy a car.

Reactions: C141medic
The Good Ol Boys network is very much alive in Texas. The Texas Automobile Dealer Association is incredibly strong. All the efforts by advocates so far have been struck down.

Another thorn....I recently leased a Smart Electric as a commuter car. I got a check from the State of Texas for $2500 (pays for more than a third of end to end lease cost!). For our Teslas we get nothing.... Because we didn't buy them in Texas. Yup.....

Reactions: ℬête Noire
The Good Ol Boys network is very much alive in Texas. The Texas Automobile Dealer Association is incredibly strong. All the efforts by advocates so far have been struck down.

Another thorn....I recently leased a Smart Electric as a commuter car. I got a check from the State of Texas for $2500 (pays for more than a third of end to end lease cost!). For our Teslas we get nothing.... Because we didn't buy them in Texas. Yup.....

Ugh. I grew up in Texas. Moved away over 20 years ago. Can't imagine ever going back...

Good luck on your purchase. Hope things smooth out after the weekend.

Reactions: C141medic
I'm in a similar boat, although I haven't received an MVPA or paid for the car yet (I'm paying at delivery regardless…).

3/31/16 Reservation (in store)
7/29/18 AWD order
8/14/18 Assigned a VIN (IDA left voicemail & email on 8/13 and I spoke with him on 8/14). VIN is 655XX
8/16/18 Trade in offer received on my Model S
8/19/18 Received CarMax offer $3.3k better than Tesla (~double the sales tax savings from trading…). Emailed the IDA asking if Tesla would match the CarMax offer (it was worth a shot…)
8/22/18 Voicemail from IDA stating that Tesla won't match; I emailed him back saying I'd sell the car separately and not trade it. Asked to confirm delivery date.
8/23/18 Emailed IDA asking for an update / confirm delivery date
8/26/18 Received cryptic email from IDA about expediting from trade in to a "Final Offer" so he could finish paperwork (this is 4 days after I stated I would not trade the S; this was also the start of the original estimated delivery window…) I emailed back asking if Tesla will now match the CarMax offer (again, worth a shot) -- but said if not, I would not trade the S...
8/27/18 Received email from IDA confirming they won't match the CarMax offer -- but no mention of the 3 delivery. I responded by email stating I would not trade the S and asked for an update on delivery timing. He called me a few minutes later to state that the car was now scheduled to arrive on 8/29, but he needed to check on when it could be delivered before confirming. He also said he was finalizing paperwork "today" (this was Monday).
8/30/18 Emailed IDA asking for an update on scheduling delivery. No response
8/31/18 Stopped by local deliver/service center just to see if the car happened to be there. For a second, I thought it was -- looked like what I ordered (Red, 19", black interior, and the VIN started with 655), but it was 75 VINs below mine… The staff at the store was not able to look much up besides seeing my Reservation number -- she said they don't see anything more until delivery is scheduled…

So… I have not heard from him since Monday. I've been given 2 dates when it was supposed to arrive here, but do not have a delivery scheduled. No MVPA. Nothing updated on My Tesla (still shows the trade quote for the S, and an expected delivery of Oct to Dec).

We'll see what happens this week...