Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPark becomes available while at Stop Lights in traffic.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this happen to everyone else while at a 4 way stoplight?
AutoPark picks the craziest time & place be available. Instant accident maker to those uninitiated.

I thought this would be fixed. Since last Summer, or before, Auto Park been doing this while stopped in traffic on my X.
And we get whoopie cushions as a feature release.

7F0145D8-BD0F-4708-A47D-3C8D17D77EE6.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: ckoval7 and GreenT
I get that as well at stop lights but when there are actual spaces it won't pick it up. I know you're supposed to drive below a certain speed for it to mark a space but I've only gotten it to work once. Is there anything in particular you guys do to get it to work?

I get that as well at stop lights but when there are actual spaces it won't pick it up. I know you're supposed to drive below a certain speed for it to mark a space but I've only gotten it to work once. Is there anything in particular you guys do to get it to work?
It's below 8mph, which is slllooooow. I get it to work rather consistently when I do, though.

• Informative
Reactions: silentsnow31802

I use autopark all the time. I'd say it picks up the space I want to park in over 95% of the time. The "trick" I've found to making it work consistently is to pull forward several feet more than you would if you were to park it manually. Almost with the front of your car even with the front of the car you are pulling up to.