Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark Vision experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It works half the time, my expectations are lowered when I’m looking for a parking space because there’s a chance it won’t work.
I see. For me it used to work all the time - I guess I tend to park in a few same areas so got used to getting the car to detect spaces. There were a couple of occasions where I couldn't get it to detect though. When it did detect the space it never had any trouble parking itself. Since the update it now actually detects spaces much more easily but the parking manoeuvre is very bad

• Informative
Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG
Finally got around to testing Vision-only Autopark on our October 2018 Model 3 (it works), and discovered an interesting behavior: it's possible to creep backward after engaging Autopark, and Autopark can select up to two consecutive alternate parking spots.

See a demonstration here.
That was both informative, and painful to watch.

Roughly a minute of that was the parking maneuver.

It needs to be roughly 3-4x faster for me to declare it working.

I'm on my last day of my FSD subscription... Figured I'd mess with everything one last time so I tried auto park today. It took a while so someone beeped at me. Then it hilariously curbed my tsportline wheels. : (

I think it got made at me for not paying up.

Seriously it's not bad though. It just touched. Maybe I should have paid more attention. I felt like it was too close and let it go because I didn't want to get beeped at again.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow