TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Autopilot 2.0 demonstration video now posted

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by Zaphod, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

I posted this in Model S forum as well, but figured benefits us here as well. Not sure when it was posted, but the demonstration video Elon mentioned is now up.

Autopilot

I've watched it twice briefly but will watch it many more times to pick up details and nuances. I do have to say, it is quite impressive.

My two quick takeways:
    • seems like coming to stop signs/lights, it seemed kind of abrupt and stopped past where I would have. Maybe it is camera angles, but looks like it stops past the white line in couple occasions.
    • at the end where it pulls into the parking lot (and believe in the beginning when pulling out of the driveway) it pulls into the wrong lane to start with. I guess (assume) if other cars where there, it wouldn't have, but I don't think it should ever oversteer before it comes back into the correct lane.
    Start the discussion!

• Like x 1
  2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

The video is also sped up quite a bit. At first I thought, "Whoa.. this thing drives like me!"

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. Booga

Booga Member

I'm okay with that. It needs to ensure it has a clear view with the cameras so I don't mind this as long as it's intentional and not a flaw. I often pull ahead a little to get a clear view myself.

4. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

A pretty good example of the progress they are making. Can't wait to see what state its in by the time the M3 starts rolling out.

5. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Paused at about 2:02.

Man the T101 Terminator has really let himself go.

"Come with me if you want to not diet"

6. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member