TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AutoPilot 2.0 on Confirmed Order

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by markwj, Oct 19, 2016.

1. msxsnow

msxsnow Member

I think this way too. AP2 HW shall be standard on all cars. And with the refreshed Ordering page in Tesla HK. I'm starting to wonder the actual difference on AP and EAP (Enhanced Autopilot). Is it only talking about more cameras/Radars/Sensors and better detecting range ? And for people like me who ordered AP Package will get EAP working in the degree of AP, means only report obstacles up to 10M for example even if it can detect up to 100M ?

2. Dan_

Dan_ Member

i am hoping that as we have already paid $19,400 for AP1, we will get a discount for upgrading to Enhanced AP / Full AP? or will they just throw in the Enhanced AP to us for free?

3. Raymond R

Raymond R Member

I saw a lot of new delivery photos/videos, but still no sensors on new cars. Whats up?

4. smtung

smtung Member

new deliveries were built a couple months ago?

5. Lerxt

Lerxt Active Member

AP1 cannot be upgraded to 2, so no scamming a discount.

6. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

They gave us the AP2.0 enhanced hardware for free. I'm expecting the same functionality as AP1.0 that we ordered. Happy to pay for upgraded functionality when offered.

7. LKH

LKH Member

Hardware-wise

APHW 1.0

AP HW 2.0 ( all model Xs in HK entitled to new hardware )

-------------------

Software-wise

$19,400 - AP 1.0 ( those who ordered are upgradable with standard price shown on ordering page - you pay the difference. This option has been discontinued. )

$38,000 - enhanced AP 2.0 ( software won't be availble until Dec 16 / Jan 17 )

Additional $23,000 - self-drive AP 2.0

-------------------

For now we don't see much of a difference between the 19,400 & 38,000 options, in terms of its actual functionality. But as future software updates arrive gradually we will find $38,000 ( enhanced ap ) outperform ap 1.0.

8. LKH

LKH Member

To add, self-drive AP would be basically an indefinite wait considering the current political climate in Hong Kong.

• Like x 1